Register now to get rid of these ads!

318 Poly Stroker Kit - 402CID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Abomination

Abomination

[​IMG]

Hey - Speed-O-Motive is selling 318 Poly stroker kits!!!

For $1500, one can be yours:
    http://www.speedomotive.com/ps-648-13-mopar-318-poly-to-402cid-stroker-kit.aspx

($200 extra for balancing - free shipping, but customer pays insurance).

Anybody running a stroker kit from Speed-O-Motive? About ten years ago I tried to get them to build this kit for me... glad they finally decided to!

FYI - the parts are out there, folks! The 318 Poly is the new black...

~Jason

2. swifty

swifty

I bet they wouldn't free ship it to me LOL

swifty

3. I was thinking to myself, I bet its Swity or Flatoz who post on this thread first!

You off to Phillip Island mate? The kit looks good.

Danny

4. Abomination

Abomination

LOL! Maybe not. :D

If'n they did, they likely wouldn't cover customs! However, if I was coming to OZ, I'd toss it in my suitcase, for ya, swifty! ;)

~Jason

5. Abomination

Abomination

Phillip Island? To see the penguins or ride the go-karts? LOL!

Some dead, naked guy just washed up Vic beach... weird.

~Jason

6. Thanks, Abomination! I've about given up finding a '54-'56 Firepower hemi for my '53 Mopar but you've provided a solution that should be more feasible and have enough cubes and power to not be shamed by rice rockets. Now just need to hunt a Weiand 4bbl intake or one of the old dual quad intakes for it since Chris Nielson has cams for it.
    Appreciate this! (I'd gotten to the point where I was thinking about one of my brother's bowtie engines and leaving the hood closed!)

7. Abomination

Abomination

I have a 331 now. :D

If you're looking for a Hemi, talk to Paul aka povertyflats. He has a killer deal on shipping - like $200 to get it about anywhere in the US! He's got a BUNCH of hemis!

For a Weiand 7504 4-bbl intake for a 318 Poly, talk to Gary on the 318 Poly Yahoo Group: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/318poly/
    I think he has one for sale. Gary also sells roller rockers, and is working on cams. He has some nice cams, blueprinted regular rockers, etc.

I know where dual quads are for the 318 Poly, etc. Hit me up if you're looking for stuff... or the Yahoo Group. We'll fix you up! Join it - you won't be sorry! And feel free to ask if you have any 318 Poly questions. :)

~Jason

8. Jason,
    Thank you, will stay in touch!:)

9. Abomination

Abomination

No prob, man! Just let me know if you have any questions. I'm always glad to help. :)

~Jason

10. We did them with a 3.58 stroke and 060" overbore. Mopar now makes that crank with the 318/340 journals but being a bit early we had them made from a 360 crank. Silvolite has a piston that works with this combo. Use the 360 balancer and flywheel or Converter. (or B&M 360 balance flexplate. ) Last one we did was a 2x4 barrel engine for a 66 fury with 3 by the knee. Also did 340s with the same crank and a 060 overbore for 380 cubes. Had to make those pistons from other cores. Always felt the 4 inch storke was pushing the limit a bit but G Palovich of Califonia got huge power with his at 5500 Rpm so the 402 works too. I dont like huge strokes as i traises the strian to above normal parameters so i tend to keep the stroke around 90% of bore but others are braver i guess and are having fun too. Any crank grinder can make you a 358 from a 360 stroke with the 340/318 main size. They do it for the chevy guys all the time with the 383 small blocks and also for the 400 stroker mopars with a turned down 440 crank.