Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

2. rev106

rev106

That what the yellow/white one is a few posts up.

3. Frank

Frank

If that 90's minivan hadn't been there, I would have thought that pic was straight from the 1970's :D

4. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

5. senior fried

senior fried

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ill post some pics of the one i just got from jalopy jim the other day tommarrow...you can tell me what the hell it is!! :)

7. Frank

Frank

I got a bunch of old books from an estate sale. Among them was a B&S service manual with parts lists like to runa business. I was tickled to death to open it up and find this window decal. Its about an 8 x 8. I am thinking of blowing it up a little and making some T-shirts with it. Pretty cool.

Attached Files:

8. rev106

rev106

that would be cool for us mini bike nerds...can never have too many t-shirts.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

10. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I likey

11. Here are some pics of a minibike a buddy of mine picked up recently. Anyone here know what year it might be and what it might be worth?

Attached Files:

12. butch27

butch27

That is probably a mid '60s Simplex . After they stopped building the full size Simplex Servi-Cycle.

13. hoplias

hoplias
    from California

my new Taco 100 ..Any Taco lovers out there.

Attached Files:

14. airbusflyboy

airbusflyboy

I own a 1970's HEALD TRAIL BRONC minibike with 8 hp electric start Tecumseh engine ............. Would like to hear from other owners ! Also, I am trying to locate a replacement gas cap for the plastic gas tank, this cap had a fuel gauge incorporated into the design, very hard to find, have looked at NAPA auto parts but theirs do not fit ................ it measures out at 1 3/4 inches for the opening of the gas tank.
    Please e-mail or call !!! I live in Memphis,Tennessee
    Thanks,
    Mark
    901-413-8692
    [email protected]

15. airbusflyboy

airbusflyboy

Hey, the SIMPLEX minibike appears to be a pre-1965 model, if your buddy looks at the steering head, on the left side as you sit on the bike, that piece of welded metal between the frame loops and the steering head will reveal a set of numbers that are stamped onto that flat of piece of metal connecting the steering head and the frame loops ................... the middle set of numbers is the YEAR, e.g., 22631, means a 1963 model. Depending on how much paint is on there, might have to wear it down with a wire brush to get at the stamped numbers, possibly could just place a piece of onion skin paper there and use a pencil lead to rub out the numbers ...................... I have several of these old Simplex Compact Sportsman minibikes, they are pretty darn strong with that torque converter drive tranny. WORTH ??? Hard to say ................... I bought mine anywhere from $300 to $750 a piece, only worth what someone else is willing to pay !!!

16. rev106

rev106

Some old school mini bike action

[​IMG]

17. maynardg

maynardg
    from Michigan

I have the three wheel mini. Just bought the frame from a garage sale. Put a 6 hp Briggs on it. It does have the tendancy to flip if your not careful, gotta lean. It does need a bigger sprocket though, in order to do wheelies.

18. Not too fancy but this baby has a back seat!!!!! >>>>.

Attached Files:

19. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I have a couple...they are rare though.

20. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

More commonly known as a Trail Horse. They must ahve made a few for the monkey...

21. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I've got a fleet of Tacos...

22. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

BTW, is your real name "carrot top"? LOL

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

dont know but it sure looks art deco

24. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Sure does. Really looks pre-mini bike era. Check out the wide whites! I'm thinkin' we've come across something historic.

25. Flyinsolo71

Flyinsolo71
    from Austin

^^ something Italian built perhaps....looks cool anyway...

26. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

The chopper isn't vintage as my wifes uncle built it for her 3 years ago but i do have a 1959 tote gote.196? trail king, 197? rupp go-joe 4 wheeler, and a 1974 alsport tri-sport 3 wheeler. i'll post pics of the rest soon.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  27. thebronc4019

thebronc4019
    from New Jersey

Here is a "before" and some "after" pictures of a K&S I just restored.I used an original sales pamphlet as my guide to fabricate parts and recreate the stickers and striping. The color scheme is a replication of the original

Attached Files:

28. the edge

the edge
    from Arizona

Not very vintage but fun to build. Junked Honda Spree or Elite {not sure now} from a PHX salvage yard. Used the wheels, motor/tranny,electrics, built the rest. Mini uses a Honda 250 gas tank, Yamaha 125 bars with the crossbar removed, chopped down forks/springs from something I do not remember, upper trippletree hand made as is all the aluminium mounts visible. Electric start..still two stroke with the mix in the right upper frame rail..:)

Attached Files:

29. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Hey Bronc - is that crossbar on the handlebars stock?

30. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since it's Barris's birthday and all, I'll post some bad pics of my Barris Chopper