Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stick shift only drag racing

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by mloboda, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mloboda

mloboda

I invite everyone interested in the revival of stick shift drag racing to visit our website at www.umtrnorth.com Has a great tech forum specifically for clutch cars and events.
    We are the United Manual Transmission Racers ( UMTR).
    Two racing chapters - UMTR North- 12 races at 10 tracks in north/central Ohio and Michigan. UMTR South - 14 races at 6 tracks in southern Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky
    We are dedicated to preserving the "lost art" of stick shift drag racing.
    Each event draws 60-90 stick cars and 600-1500 spectators.

This IS drag racing like it used to be !!!

2. OK, I'm all for racing a manual transmission. Heck, I run an A833. But you guys allow Lenco's????!!!!! And it looks like most of your members are into the muscle car thing??? And its a bracket race???!!!

This is a forum for traditional hot rods, and to be specific this part of the forum is for the HAMB drags, not the UMTR. If you really want to see drag racing like it used to be come on down to the HAMB drags. If you're gonna run your car needs to be 1964 or older.

3. Dirty2

Dirty2

Get um Kerry ! But I do like the shirt .

4. Hey wait a minute, I don't know man. They got Volkawagens over here. And I saw a Chrysler Lebaron racing. I say let the beatings commence.

5. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I might be interested as soon as this P-O-S is going straight, still looking for some pavement for a test site. That is the only problem with living in town with a 3.5 gallon fuel tank, cannot make it around the block.

6. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I love Automatic Bashers.

Ever heard of a B&M Hydro stick? You know, the most common peice of Drag Race equipment throughout the 50's?

Makes me wanna run an Auto for the express purpose of pissing off the natives.

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hahahaha!!! thats great!!!!!:D

8. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Four speeds are fun to drive, and Ill put one in my car, but If I was building a drag race only car Id go automatic, my buddy cracked off his fastest time ever last night, 9.3 @145 mph, with an automatic.

9. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

Four gears, three pedals, no extra dipstick to confuse me.

10. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

I love it !

12. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

so, if I have 3 pedals, but I also have 5 clutch packs, 5 places to add a.t.f., one tilton 3 disc clutch, and 5 shifters, is it more or less of a hot rod?

and if the only thing keeping my 73 g.m.c. from being a hot rod is "it ain't got 3 pedals" if I install 1 extra pedal, it will be?

how's about this.

"If it ain't got 3 pedals, it ain't a standard."

13. ROCKET88COUPE

ROCKET88COUPE
    from TEXAS USA

Gees u mean im not wanted?50 olds 63 olds 394 b&m 4 speed stick hydro but only two peddles

14. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Right?

I not only want to see it, but I want to go for a ride!

15. Want to see a stick car fly... Come to the HAMB drags and see 4speedman shift the 7 deadly sins plymouth coupe..

See ya Sat Kerry.. way to but those guys in check