Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 60s style T-Buckets.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John 79, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

I'm trying to remember what Jim said about Cotton. They go way back. Seem to recall Cotton built two of these back then and is in the process of building another. There was a very similar car in American Rodder, black with pinstripes etc. I think it may be the second car but I'm not sure.

2. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Beautiful car! Do have any other pics of this one?

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

This was the T bucket that my son built in his metal shop class in his senior year, we were going for a 60's style,.... he graduated in 2004, and this thing hasn't been touched sence we put it in the garage the day after this picture was taken,...... what a shame. (he got from zero to this point in 7 months, 2 hours a day , 5 days a week)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks pretty grungy now,........

4. A Boner

A Boner

It was built by Jim at LIONS HOT RODS in McHenry Ill. Sort of a slammed Kookie style "T". Lot's of neat details, like the V8/60 front axle. Pic from Hunnert Car.........2007
    Jim has about 6 customer "lakes modified" style cars in his shop right now!

[​IMG]

5. Here's the '17 Dodge tub I drive quite frequently.

It was finished, in this condition, in 1991, but the builder graduated from high school in the mid 1950s, so the car is essentially of the style seen in the 1960s.

The rod gets almost 18 MPG, thanks to a 2.79 gearset in the Ford 9-inch rear axle.

Attached Files:

6. Thanks for that !!
    just remember it's illegal to have a car with no fenders here in the UK!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the last one.....with my son and the girl from next door!....I think this is a brilliant pic, I did it in black and white as a gift for her parents and it redueced her dad to tears!! No idea why

[​IMG]

7. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Here's my buddy Rod, I love this car, just drippin' with late 50s, early 60s style!
    OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

Attached Files:

8. tjm73

tjm73

All of Trosley's stuff is great. I love his style. And this situation is classic.

9. tjm73

tjm73

Damn. Lost my issue. They poor guy I bougth it from got caught in the midwest floods. All his magazines in his basement we lost. Amongst them was my copy of this magazine. Hewas real appolgectic, and hoped it'd be acceptible that he refunded the money. I told him to keep the money and not worry about the magazine. I'm sure he could use the $16 bucks more than I need it.

Now I'll go look for another copy.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have to agree...Rod's ride is badass...Hey Oly try to get more NOMADS on the board, they are HAMB material.

11. I just bought all 12 issues of 1960 Car Craft. Do you want me to scan anything out of it?

12. tjm73

tjm73

I guess there is big article/pictorial about t-buckets. That was why I bought it. I don't really care about any of the rest of it. I haven't even seen the issue so I bought it on faith that it would have good stuff.

13. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

The magic of a good photograph! Thanks for the pics.

14. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Here's a quote from last year's Ebay auction:

"A "real deal" 1924 ford T-bucket hot rod. Not a modern day poser. the patina and character are real. Built in 1960 and virtually unchanged. Recently revived from a 35 plus year storage and brought back to life. All steel. Loaded flathead. '39 Ford top loader with Lincoln gears. '50 Merc chrome wheels. Cheater slicks and 5.50 front runners from the 60's. White tuck 'n roll interior. Candy teal green paint. Fresh brakes and rebuilt carbs. Model A frame and registered as a '29. Blackie Gegian Fresno Autorama car 1960 & '61. Perfect proportions, faded paint, and patina to satisfy the true hot rod enthusiast. This car is a step back in time."

I posted more photos of this car in the "60's Style HotRods, Street, Race..." thread last year here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132391&page=14 So bitchin'! Royal Shifter informed me that Bruce Baskin owned it at the time, and I'm curious if he still owns it? Maybe he knows who built it too?

The first time I saw this car, I noted that it looked like something straight out of one of your painitings, Keith. Glad to see it resonates with you like I guessed!

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

This car just screams bad with the fueler wheels and tires all around. Perfect stance. I just happened upon a parking lot gathering in the fall of '69 and shot these Polaroids. I believe it was an Early Times run.

[​IMG]

16. photofink

photofink

I remember when this bucket made its first appearance at Paso.
    I had mine at the time and was wanting to see more early style buckets but none were ever around until I saw this one.
    It came rolling up the street and onto the grass and I walked behind it waiting for the guy to park it so I could talk to him. The guys hair was all messed up and he was wearing those old style bi-plane type goggles. He was tired out from driving it all that way. He told me it was for sale. The next time I saw it...Dan was the owner.

17. tjm73

tjm73

VERY happy to see this car has survived. And unaltered too. :D :cool:

18. tjm73

tjm73

First, your old car is friggin' cool as hell.

Second, Langley's car (post 131) doesn't have fenders, he's in the UK and he's never said anything I've seen about no fenders = illegal...?? And their is a blue model T that I am in love with from the UK that is fenderless too. I've seen several of cars T('s, A's, dueces, etc...) from the UK without fenders in posts here.

19. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

L.A. Roadsters member Ted Brown's T definitely = bad... despite being one of the earliest examples of dressing up a SBC to look like something else!

20. Drove the T for 2 years and only got stopped once for no "mud guards!"...the fine is £25 and no points on your licence (12 points means your banned!) I know only of 2 people who have actually been done, but also know of at least 2 others who got prohibition notices (means the car can't be driven from the spot it been stopped at, must only be trailered till the "fault" is fixed and then it must be inspected by a Ministry of Transport testing station!) Enbloc on here got stopped a couple of weeks ago in his A and got a prohibition notice, check out waht happened
    http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/showthread.php?t=10482
    .......but the look is worth it!!!!!!!

21. Digger61

Digger61

This is still exactly the same and lives over here in the UK, unfortunatley it dosnt come out much, One of my favs!! and an insiration for mine. [see below]

Re fenders, it is illegal here in the UK and I have been stopped for not having them on and threatened with a ticket! Now they stay on although I do know several people in my area that do run all the time without them...and have so far got away with it.

Attached Files:

22. A Boner

A Boner

Notice the lack of rear wish bones, ladder bars, or any sort of axle locating links. The rear axle is held in place with the Torque tube and the canted shocks Only! The owner Dan told me it has worked just fine, including a drive from the quad cities to St. Paul!

It sure is one slick looking "T"! It's just over knee high!

23. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Great thread!I'm kicking some ideas around for a 60's type T Bucket build.I've scribbled down what I'm thinking,sorry for the crappy pencil art.

Attached Files:

24. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

25. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

26. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

27. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

28. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Looking at the early version of Norm's car, you can really see the influence on Ivo.

29. zapp69

zapp69

Grew a bit tired of Buckets but this car renewed my interest and made me hold onto my project for another day, its awesomely executed. Well done Jimbob. Any more pics for the Folks who haven't seen it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.