Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy slogans painted on the back of drag cars!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I've seen this a few times before in old pictures, slogans or phrazes painted on the back of drag cars for the loser to read as you go by down the strip. Anyone know or remember any cool ones?
    -Thanks, Dean

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Andy Southards....Hot Rods of the 1950's....my favorite.

[​IMG]

3. 41woodie

41woodie

1957 Ford Tudor Sedan with a McCullough Supercharged 312, sponsored by Bill Murdoch Ford in Tulsa. It was running right on the national record in F/SA and as he drove off from me like I was tied to a stump I got to read "It's a FOOORRRDDD"

4. :DOn the trunk lid of my stock car back in '89 I had "Just for the fun of it!" lettered on there. Why? Because too many of the guys just lost the focus of racing and having fun. They were a bundle of high strung nerves. Anyway, my 2 cents here tonight.

5. 2-TONED

2-TONED

Badman 55 chev says: -- ADIOS MOFO!
    saw 1 that said: -- drive it like its stolen!
    another i saw says: -- BRING IT ON!
    another i saw stopped at a stop light says: (script style letters) -- OH NOW YOU SEE IT!

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In very small writing,
    If you can read this, FUCK OFF.

7. On the back of John Lingenfelter's S/S 69 Camaro:

"Many Men Have Become Moderately Rich From Drag Racing. They Were Millionaires When They Started."

On the back of our '68 Barracuda bracket racer;

"You Can Tuna Fish, But You Can't Tune A Ford!"

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

My 1955 Dragster has the Salinas High-Timers plaque mounted on the back.

9. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

On a lisence plate BCNU

10. rattyroddy

rattyroddy
    from york, pa

on the back of one of my old drag cars .... "drag racers do it uncapped"

11. "Because golf only takes one ball"

NoSurf likes this.
  12. Gee

Gee
    from Australia

a local guy here has a tuff little '48anglia dragcar
    has a sticker on the back window "gone hunting holdens...back in 10seconds!"

13. Crestliner

Crestliner

Friend of mine has " I'll get you in the end " on the back of his drag car. He is a rectal surgeon.

14. Midnight340

Midnight340

Not a race car....but today I saw a pickup with a camper...one of those with the vertical door in the middle... and hand lettered in big script it said, "Stay Back! I Have a Banjo, and I Know how to Use It!"

15. Midnight340

Midnight340

"gone hunting holdens...back in 10seconds!" Now that's funny. My favorite here so far.

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Not HAMB material but,

A local Pinto has a nitroused big block Chevy in it, hatchback has "Don't laugh, you just got beat by a Pinto" painted on it. hahaa

17. Ruiner

Ruiner

One of my favorites was "I see you in my rearview"...

18. Now thats funny....

19. chip

chip

roland leong's hawaiian dragster just said....."aloha"

20. 2tall

2tall

There's a Ford Cortina over here in the UK with a sticker in the rear window that says..

'CAUTION, 400 horses in transit'

21. blu by u

pay up

graduated from ULOSE

GO HOME

22. A friend told me about one from back in the day. When manuals trannys were used by almost everyone, this cat had: we win automatically.

23. A local Cutlas back in the day had " If God don,t getcha this mutha will!"

24. donzzilla

donzzilla

There's always the "Urban Ledgend" of the girls drag car that said "If you beat me you can eat me"

The other that popped up a lot was painted near the mandatory outside shut off switch was "Jerk Off" instaed of "Pull Off"

There was a Vega drag car driven by an older black gentelman. On the back it said "Ain't bad for a po boy, huh!"

25. Tough to beat the "Holden Hunting , back in ten seconds"! A lot of race cars in the Northeast had AMF on the back, meaning: Adios mother f---er!

26. on the back of a 68 roadrunner near me , "You Juz Got Whooped By A Girl"!!

27. hahahaha:D

nochop likes this.
  28. Just saw it on Speedvision at the wheelie competition at Byron raceway.....car didn't have wheelie bars and shoe polished across the back...."No bitch bars"

Those guys are nuts....in a good way:D Guy flipped a Chevette completely over on its roof before the 150 ft mark!

Back when my grandfather was alive and giving out advice on running his Allis-Chalmers he told me not to run the rpm to high when letting the clutch out....start it out low and then move the throttle up as needed, start out to high and I'd "ride the ring". Didn't know what he meant but I found out once when I was out in the field and never did it again.....scared the shit out of me! Pinion climbed up the ring gear faster than the tractor moved forward caused a sky high wheelie and a youngster to shit his pants!

29. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

30. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

Not on a car, but on the mirrors of my Ducati I have little OEM-looking stickers that say "Objects in mirror are rapidly getting smaller"
    Punk-rock buddy of mine used to have the slogan "Hippies Hate Water" on the back of his mustang...no reasoning behind it, but it was a true statement.