Register now to get rid of these ads!

JALOPYRAMA IV - November 3, 2007, Glen Burnie, Maryland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TOE, Oct 26, 2007.

1. TOE

TOE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jalopyrama IV is next Saturday, November 3, 2007.

We have invited many hot rods and customs to return to the hard wood floor of the Armory for this year's show. The show is a benefit for the Providence Center and runs from 10 am to 5 pm.

This year there will be a few "new" features to the show. There will be a pinstripers jam at the show. This is the current list of artists that will be attending:

Doug Dorr, Garden Grove, CA
    Jeremy Seanor- Beaver Falls, PA
    Charlie "One Arm Bandit" Decker – Windsor, CT
    Matt Stankis, North Side Tattoos – Wilmington, DE
    Jerry Campbell – Wilmington, DE
    Chuck Gamber, Jack-of-Arts – Ellicott City, MD

We will also be having an art auction. You will have a chance to buy many one of a kind pieces at the show. There will also be some automobilia available in the auction as well.

There has also been interest in a HAMBer meet and greet, so if you are interested please let me know.

Hope everyone can make it out. Who here is coming?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

I'll be there in the 37, and I'm up for a meet-and-greet. Should be another good show.

3. Me too.

The Jalopyrama & Jalopy Showdown are what car shows should be. :)

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm bringing my T. Got one of those in-door invites....looking forward to it.

Attached Files:

5. Pocono Rat will be there again this year. (Doug Dorr's pick in 06). Planning a caravanof gassers and rats from the Eastern shore and DE.

6. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

This will be my first time going, not sure what i'll be driving there. Hope the weather is good for the guys outside.

7. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

We're really looking forward to being there. Will be outside, so hoping for nice weather.

8. fatabone

fatabone

I'll be there with parts for sale just look for the big white Sprinter. I'll have a couple model A cowls with tanks and misc. parts. Cant bring the car it's leaving tomorrow for N.Y. with it's new owner.

9. Clutch 2

Clutch 2
    from Maryland

I will be there again this year with my '57.

10. My brother an I will be there vending parts!

Come by and see us

Jay

11. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

12. I hope to be there. Weather man is saying partly cloudy w/ high in the low 60's. That's still a few a days away but it sounds like Roadster Climate to me. Looking forward to it. Great event for a good cause. Additional pinstripers are expected. Love watching those guys work their magic.

13. Chad s

Chad s

The best show in the area, hands down. I'll be there in my 55 Buick (my 47 ford coupe, that was on the wood floor last year is dissasembled right now), wouldnt miss it for anything.

14. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

I'll be on the hardwood with my roadster. See you all there!

15. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Monkey Bussiness and I will be there Friday..

16. I'm without a ride again, but I plan to stop out early afternoon.

17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thursday weather report says beautiful Friday, high 50 for the inside guys, Saturday, high in the mid 60's...NO RAIN,bring on the roadsters!

18. kb cookout

kb cookout

I'm heading out with a load of parts for the swap meet, lots of early ford stuff, also can bring some 40 fenders and a 36 ford cowl section if someone needs them

later kb

19. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

36 closed car or open?

20. This will be my 1st time at this show. With 30 cars on display, how big is this show?

Is there 300 additional cars in the parking lot?

21. Chad s

Chad s

Yes, there are plenty of cars to make it worth your while, and the swap meet area is nice too.

22. Spike!

Spike!

I wouldn't say 300, but very nice cars do show up. You decide...

Spike

23. TOE

TOE

I just got back form the armory, we have 32 cars inside. We have a great mix of cars again this year.

It's going to be sunny with the temperature in the upper 50's, it will be a great day to be at the Jalopyrama.

If you are in the area you should come to the show.

24. The weather's looking nice.

See you all right after my kids' soccer games :rolleyes:

25. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

What nobody took a camera? Another great show with loads of cool stuff. Lots of Olds and early Caddy power plants.

26. tommy, My hats off to you, Mike and all the others who have worked so hard to make this show the fabulous event it is. What a great time.

27. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

This was my first time going and i'm wondering why so many cars that were clearly non traditional were allowed to enter? Maybe I'm being a little to critical but if the street rod crowd is allowed to bring there cars to a TRADITIONAL show they should atleast be made to park up on the hill in the back corner. The same goes for the post 64 cars that showed up. Anyways the swap meet had some good deals and the cars inside the armory were great, especially the 2 roadsters were you first enter. Looked like they just rolled out of the 1940's.

28. TOE

TOE

I'll get some pics posted tonight or tommorrow...

Thanks to everyone who came out.

29. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was at the show this weekend. I understand what was said about the non traditional cars there. There was a gasser style GTO, and a completely restored 30 something Chevy. There were also a lot of 90's styled cars there but all in all, it was hip. What can you say about a 5 window coupe with a hemi and no front brakes; or the very cool yellow 51 fleetline.
    There was an unbelieveable 41 Ford on the boards but very far from traditional.
    I was amazed at the history that was on the boards. The bonnie and clyde car with all the 60's photos, the nail head powered "A" pickup B/A machine with all the patina anyone could ask for or the checked paint on the blue duece coupe and the dark green 34 phaeton. The 5 roadsters at the front door just had to get you going. Man! I saw " So Rare". I have been seeing that car in mags since I was a youg kid. What a thrill !
    It was a great show with an OK swap meet and some great smelling and tasting food. My camera ran out of batteries so these are the only shots I got but so far, they seem to be the best.
    I was stoked ! :cool:
    I won coolest Gearshifter knob !!:p
    Mike and the guys worked real hard to put this on and we, the locals , should continue to support the show!

To good wood and sandybeaches, hope you made it home without any more problems...nice to meet you.

By the way...that blue T was just amazing :rolleyes:

Clark will shit when he sees that I got the " T "striped !!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

30. 41hemi

41hemi

I was there with my '41 Chevy coupe and had a great time!! Parked on the lot with all the other hot rods. Real nice to see all the cars with a local history.... also hats off to Dave Anderson from Anderson Industries who recieved a special award at the show!!!