Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where is the VIN Tags on a 36 Ford PU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LEECOUNTYRODS, Apr 4, 2007.

1. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

Where is a VIN number located on a 1936 Ford Truck? Also, did the manufacture stamp the frame? If you a pic, that would be great too. Thanks

2. 39 Ford

39 Ford

The only vin that Ford used was stamped on the frame , on the drivers side usually just in front of the crossmember. it was also on the bellhousing and sometimes in the transmission area. they did not use a Vin tag like GM.

3. ramrod2624

ramrod2624

My 41 ford has the vin stamped on the drivers side just in front of the fire wall.

4. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

On my 37 PU it's stamped on the top side drivers frame rail right at the steering box mount.

5. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

Mine was stamped driver side frame rail (rear under the bed?) take a look you never know?
    good luck.

6. Dirk35

Dirk35

That is the only place my 35 PU was stamped. It has a 5 point star on each side of the VIN right in front of the firewall. My 34 Sedan is stamped exactly the same (except a different number of course).

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

For 1932-48 Ford Passenger Cars and 32-47 Ford Pickups the VIN was stamped in three places, sometimes 4.
    1. On the bellhousing of the original transmission installed in that chassis. (Floorboard must be removed to see this one)
    2. On top of the driver's side(LH) frame rail in the engine compartment, just ahead of the firewall OR over the steering box OR at the front crossmember. This are the "standard" locations.
    3. On top of the LH frame rail at the rear frame kickup just ahead of the rear crossmember. (not visible with body on frame)
    4. On top of the LH frame rail at the rear of the front door opening. (not visible with body on frame)

Original Ford VINs begin with a five-pointed star, a prefix, a dash, the numerical sequence, and another five-pointed star.
    Example: Star 18-1357925 Star

8. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

I appreciate it, I will take a look tomorrow.....

9. nannymae

nannymae

Is it true that number stamped on frame is also on block and transmission?
    36 ford pu