Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Bands, need music for 60's drag racing video-teaser posted!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63CadGuy, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Alright, I'm ready to get going on this drag racing video with the two hours of footage I have from Minnesota dragway and Northstar from the late 50's to the mid 70's. What I looking for is any HAMB bands that would be willing to let me use a song or two on the video. I'm looking for stuff that would fit the 60's drag racing theme, like most of the stuff on the Mad Fab CD's. I would include information on the bands along with contact info on bookings and music purchases. I hope to have interviews from some local drag racers, like Doc Holiday, Tom Hoover and others. Below is a link to the Hot Rod Honeymoon video I had up here last year.
    Also a little cross promotion, I am selling the MSRA Back to the Fifties DVD in the classifieds and the 2005 DVD has the full screen version of the video on it, so PM me if you are interested in that DVD, $20 shipped priority (HAMB price only) So do we have any bands that would like to donate? PM me with details or questions. Here is the link to the video:

http://media.putfile.com/Hot-Rod-Honeymoon

2. bttt

3. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

4. Thanks

5. cheaterslick

cheaterslick

Aww MAN is that cool.

6. There's a radio show here in Seattle that plays rockabilly, and early rock & roll and surf music. It's on 6-9:00 Pacific time here in Seattle, and you can check out archived shows on kexp.org. The guy who runs it is Leon Burman (sp?), and is really into this kind of music.

I know he's gonna' be in touch with a number of performers and may be able to help you get hooked up. You can email him at: [email protected]

7. very cool little video!!! did anyone else catch the quick flash of that 49-51 merc gasser toward the beginning of the clip?

8. Curt Six

Curt Six

You're welcome to use some of our stuff if it works for you. It isn't exactly like the 60's flavored stuff on the Mad Fab videos, but it could work.

Go to http://www.thetwinsix.com and click on the "shoplifting" section. There are a bunch of MP3s. "Built For Speed", "Thirteen Pills", "Bottle and a Line" and "The Rocker" (Thin Lizzy cover) might work. Just let me know if you end up using anything...good luck with the video!
    Curt

9. I'll check your stuff out and if I use it I will drfinantly let you know.

CarFarmer, I'll get in touch with that guy and see if he has anything that I can use, thanks.

Anyone else have anything that might work in the video?

10. Curt Six, I just checked out "Built for Speed", awesome song and will use it if that's cool. I'll check some others out also, but really like that tune!

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

12. Sailor

Sailor

Very cool stuff!

13. McQueen

McQueen

14. Curt Six

Curt Six

No problemo. You should be able to go straight from the MP3, but if that's trouble let me know and I'll drop a CD in the mail to you.
    Curt

15. You guys up for sharing a tune or two?

16. Thanks Curt, I got it downloaded, thanks.

17. Stevie D

Stevie D

Now that's kool.Nothing better than seeing old video of dragracing from the 50's.When you get the drag video done let me know

18. I will Stevie.

19. That is footage that I have. I made that music video last year with the footage and finally found a place to host it. I had it up on one of my websites last year and posted a link to it, but the downloads went way over my bandwith limits and I got charged so I took it down. But yes, that is footage I have on my computer.

20. Still looking for more music.

21. I want to do an hour show at least and I was thinking that I'd need at least 10 songs, but it depends on how many interviews I get. I have 2 hours of footage and would probably put together an hour show and then include the rest of the footage on a bonus DVD and I would use music with that footage also. I have Doc Holiday lined up and Ron Braun who drove the twin engine GSTA dragster. My friend is really good friends with Doc and he thinks I can get a sitdown with Tom Hoover also, but we'll see. I have a few more also, so it just depends on how much conversation is in the video and how much music I will actually need, but I'd like to have at least 10 songs to use.

22. Hey I saw this on Putfile as well... kind of Cool with the Setzer doing a Duke Elington Caravan Beat.

http://media.putfile.com/Drag-Racing

Will this will be like the MFS for drag racers...?

23. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

I front a traditional rockabilly group (not 60s, i know...) but if you dig it, let me know. Check out www.thehelldivers.com and click on "music". There's a tune "Hot Rod Boogie", you might dig seeing as it's 'hot rod' inspired. "rhythm's gonna rock you" is a pretty good rocker. Check 'em all out. PM me or mail me at [email protected] if you're interested. you can also check out www.myspace.com/acebrownandhishelldivers for some recent photos and other info. Cheers!!!!!

-ace

24. Hot Rod music works. I sent you an e-mail.

25. Mike

Mike

For some killer '60s style surf/drag music, check out the Neptunas. These gals are one of my favorite bands.

www.neptunas.com

26. Deeluxe

Deeluxe
    from island

Greetings 63.

www.myspace.com/thejamestkirks (I hope that link works)

The James T. Kirks
    ... kinda like Link Wray and Black Flag fightin' in a paper bag. We're just a couple gearheads in an instro-mental band.
    We've got a quick/dirty live recording on the site as a teaser. We have a full studio album, love to contribute a track if you are interested in what ya hear.
    Just to give you an idea of where we're coming from...
    Some of our song titles:
    Piston Broke,
    Impala,
    Dragstrip Death Toll
    Clamdigger

Say the word, I'll get you some tracks to pick from. Be happy to contribute.

27. Deeluxe

Deeluxe
    from island

Also: This preview is KILLER! Seriously...this footage is too cool. WOW.

28. Mike, do they have some samples of their music online that I could listen too?

29. Love the teaser, I'll send you a PM