Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identify this headlight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by azmidget91, Oct 31, 2011.

1. azmidget91

azmidget91

Picked up a couple headlights this weekend, unfortunately I couldn't find a matching set so I bought 2 and hope to find a match for one of them. The one I really like and really hope to find a match for has twolite on the lens. I know ford and other manufacturers used these but I have never seen one this big. It is 11 1/4" across the bezel and has a flat lens. I thought I had more pictures of it but apparently not. So here is a pic of it, don't mind my hand...

[​IMG]

Sorry for the lack of info on it, was a little preoccupied this weekend putting the new engine in my 32 to take more pics and measurements. If needed to identify it I can get more pics this week some time.

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Didnt want to leave you hanging!!:D:p:D

[​IMG]

3. azmidget91

azmidget91

4. Firetruck? Old Mack Truck?

5. gearheadphotography

gearheadphotography
    from Colorado

It's just a hunch, but Franklins consistently had HUGE headlights, even on their "smaller" models. I would check around vintage 1929. That pattern on the lens glass should give you a quick yea or nay.

Oh yeah - Studebakers of the same vintage had monster "eyes", too.

6. [​IMG]

It all depends... how do your hands compare to a Whopper?

7. gearheadphotography

gearheadphotography
    from Colorado

8. alchemy

alchemy

Ford used that pattern on their lenses, so maybe another larger Ford product donated your headlights. Lincoln? 1930ish?

9. azmidget91

azmidget91

I'll check those out

Haha, definitely bigger than a whopper junior haha

Yeah those have the same pattern on the lens, I have found a couple lenses with the same pattern on ebay but they are mostly convex, and smaller, that lens is 8 3/4 where mine is about 10.5. I didn't measure the lens but where I got the lights I found a matching lens but was smaller and marked as 10 1/8.