Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox build ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BamaBootlegger, Oct 31, 2011.

1. So I posted a while ago showing y'all my '50 Shoebox. It's a basic, bottom of the barrel two door sedan with a stock 8BA. I have been lazy and poor lately and have made no progress. My initial plans were for a chopped, lowered, clean custom but I want to drive this frigging thing not stare at it in my garage. So, my request is for some build ideas to get this thing on the road without a ton of work or time. My brother came up with the idea of a 50's moonshine runner, black, y-block, 4-speed, dirt tires. What do ya think? Let's get this thing on the road!

2. Adrian Rollini

Adrian Rollini

I would keep the flathead in the car, and make it into the Thunder Road style shoebox.

3. I like the Thunder Road idea. The car is gray/white in the movie which I dont like, and it is almost stock, I wanted it a little towards the custom side. I just cant come up with a unified plan for a semi-custom traditional car, in my mind it always just ends up as a restoration.