Register now to get rid of these ads!

what does everbody think of the 59 elcamino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bones35, Nov 29, 2004.

1. just wonderin of their value and if their saught after at all. this is a good lookin one 283.

Attached Files:

2. GRADY

GRADY

some love em..others deride them
    as for me...I kinda like them

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

4. I think they are an awesome looking vehicle and would love to own one. They blow the Ranchero out of the water.

5. I'm not much of a Chevy person, but I love 59/60 El Caminos. I think they look great when done tastefully. But you should buy what you like.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I love em. style out the wazoo, way cooler than the ranchero, and with a W motor in there...goddamn

7. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Depends, are you sellin' one? If so, yeah, there okay. I"d probably take it off your hands.

If your just asking to ask. Then, heck yeah, I love 'em!

8. Judd

Judd

Bones
    That thing looks like crap, you should send it down here to me and I'll hide it at my house so the owner isn't embarassed! Pleeeeaaaase! [​IMG] I'll take a 59 or 60.
    Judd

9. ponderin a trade for my bike. the only thing is no money goes in your pocket with a trade.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Slamed, mile deep black paint, and American five spokes, would make the perfect parts chaser. [​IMG]

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OK, Here's the offer. Get a black one with a BBC, 5 or 6 spd. and polished E.T.'s. Drop the car off at my place. I'll get back to you in about 8-10 years with my unbiased opinion. That way you'll have solid information to address the questions you have. [​IMG]

Frank

12. JamesG

JamesG

Anything 1959 in a Chevy is sweet. I would a one of those now if I didn't have a Wife, two kids and another on the way. [​IMG]

13. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I love them BATMOBILE'S there way cool.Gregg

14. I like the 59 AND 60 El Caminos.....they didnt look as homemade as the rancheros did......If I had to choose [​IMG] a Ranchero a 59 would be first over the other years as its just a styling statement.....
    ALSO I cant believe Niether the chev's or the fords sold well enough to make it ONLY THREE MODEL YEARS!!!

15. slammed

slammed

This one you posted look's good bone's. Both '59 & '60 are nice.

16. I probly would give my left nut (not good for much else) for a nice clean one. Anyone want to trade a 51 Merc, a 56 Pontiac delivery, a 62 Biscayne.........

17. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

If you are wondering their worth, I sold one for my uncle on Ebay about 2 years ago that was perfect. One of the bigwigs at PAW automotive there in sunny California bought it and paid a little over $18k for it and he got a steal if you ask me.

18. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

I love it ! Hard part right now is keeping it. I have to fight myself from having to sale it due to certain situations. Might just have to let it go. Good thing is I have my 27 as my back up.

Attached Files:

19. I always thought '59 was a miserable year for styling for all the car companys. About the only 59 car I like is the 59 chevy Impala 2 door hardtop and the el-camino. Both are so spaceshipee, I love 'em. Both cars are on my "list". You guys can keep the square finned 1960 chevys....

20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

My dad's boss just bought a low-mileage all original '59 Elky with a factory 3-deuce 348, 4spd, and air conditioning. [​IMG] It's red with black int, shines almost like new.

I don't know where he finds this stuff.

21. Kaucher

Kaucher

That's sweet! [​IMG] Just my opinion but it would look even cooler if it was lower in the rear. KK

22. aedan

aedan
    from ###

looks sweet man

23. Retroline

Retroline

1959, along with 54 and 58 were the best years for chevy. The 59 El Camino is my pick of them. A friend of mine tore one apart. A 396 4 speed, and then made a 7 second drag car.

24. autocol

autocol

[ QUOTE ]
    I always thought '59 was a miserable year for styling for all the car companys.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't like the '59 lesabre??

that car rules!

25. I love'em. When I was a kid, my folks owned a '59 Bel-air more door, 235 and a 'glide, was a damned good car though.

My neighor when I was about 15, used to 'beat' a '59 Impala 2dr hardtop with a 348 back and forth to work. Her son and I would take it out and race it on the weekends. That car would RUN! I always wanted that one.

The Elky looks great, I love it!

-slacker [​IMG]

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">SPROING!!!!! </font>

27. 59 el camino's are just about the ugliest thing I've ever seen on four wheels. Ship that thing as soon as possible to Curious Rash, he is the HAMB's resident waste management person. He will dispose of said car properly.

farmall

28. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    59 el camino's are just about the ugliest thing I've ever seen on four wheels. Ship that thing as soon as possible to Curious Rash, he is the HAMB's resident waste management person. He will dispose of said car properly.

farmall

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green"> [​IMG] </font>

29. CaseyK

CaseyK

I think they rock! Here's a shot of a '59 I took at the Pile-up this year. The paint job was kick ass on this thing!

Attached Files:

30. JamesG

JamesG

I've seen this one at Hangin Dice before.

[​IMG]