Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro and project pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ResedaCoupe, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ResedaCoupe

ResedaCoupe
    from Benson, VT

Hello,
    My names Steve from Connecticut (name is bigger than the state)- land of the liberals. This is the best board for rodders doing things, and not just talking about them. I have picked up several answers to questions I had from the search - MANY THANKS to those who spend the time to share and document. I'm married (very lovely wife who allows me to do stupid things) and have two teenage daughters. I work running the family owned dealership.. Been working on an couple of cars but mainly a 1928 ford standard coupe I bought in Receda Ca and had shipped to CT. (Shipping an incomplete car is not easy) I was looking for a stock body rod, this car was a rod, but had been apart since the late 70s (3/4 ton GM rear and horrible coil spring/ladderbar rear suspension - with a very bent frame and beer pull tabs in the trunk)
    Many of the guys who started me in rodding have to retired to other places so I do most of my work alone - which I do not mind, except they took their cars with them. Since I'm 38 I can't retire.

Here are a coupe of pics
    3000 miles without a wheel hitting the ground
    "You paid how much for that?" Steves old lady
    [​IMG]
    Setting the body back on a frame - it had been apart and bounced around for a while, but not before losing its shape.
    [​IMG]
    Hey were making progress - so lets move from Portland to Suffield - sucking the life out of Summer....
    [​IMG]
    New House - Smaller garage. This is a 392 Hemi cleverly disguised as a small block chevy. (65 365 horse lower 327/62 340 horse upper - from my late uncles 62 vette)
    [​IMG]
    More mock up - setting gaps fitting pieces. Look door handles...
    [​IMG]

I plan on finishing the car in a kind of resto rod theme, spending some on money on chrome - all the garnish moldings are out now with hood handles and clips. White interior, top and firewall. Still not sure on the color and wheels.

Thanks for looking

2. Rolf

Rolf

Welcome to the HAMB. Tons of great folks here.

Keep us posted on the coupe.

3. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I'm fairly new to the hamb but i figured I'd extend the courtesy alot of other rodders did for me and say welcome fellow rodder.

4. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Welcome aboard. Your in the right place. Keep us posted on the progress of your projects. There looking good already keep it up..... [​IMG]

5. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

welcome to the board rece and nice ride too, very nice ride, good luck with it and keep the progress pics coming man. great job for doing it on your own like that. by the way, where are you in connecticut? my son live's in brooklyn connecticut, a couple miles from 395 on route 6. good luck, mike

6. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Welcome from another Ct. Hamber. Coupe loks good. I've been draggin a 28 AR Sedan around fro more years than I care to mention. Other projects to do first although I've got a 36 Ford Tudor which is my fun time ride.

7. From one Blue State to another, welcome aboard Steve. Great work on your coupe -- and it's nice seeing those fenders [​IMG]

8. Cycle Jock

Cycle Jock

Hi Steve, welcome to the site........nicely written intro..........God, I love that full fendered......very nice work on the coupe......just get it on the road......Fred

9. Steve, welcome. Nice coupe and love the fenders. Thanks for sharing the pictures. For what it's worth, "Receda" is spelled Reseda. [​IMG]

10. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

Welcome to the board. The coupe looks great. Real nice work. Jerry

11. ResedaCoupe

ResedaCoupe
    from Benson, VT

Thanks for the words of encouragement-
    ThirtyCoupe - Suffield is near the Mass border off rt 91. We often ride out to Brooklyn on the way to Rhode Island - No Helmet laws! Cool to see other southern New Englanders here - Winters can be long here, but it is a good time to work - no lawn maintenance, Swap meets are over.

[​IMG] coupeHEAD - Receda is with a S - Damn 7 years of college down the drain.

I'll post more progress pics as they happen.

12. Slide

Slide

Welcome, new dude, from another new dude.

Dang, I am diggin full-fendered A-Model coupes lately.

13. Welcome to the hamb and nice coupe too. I'm fairly new here as well.

14. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

thats gonna be a cool looking ride when ya get it done..whats the scoop on the 56 next to it?
    welcome aboard.