Register now to get rid of these ads!

Caddy 390 365 331? in my pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, Nov 29, 2004.

1. marq

marq

Well guys heres the deal ,i put the sbc in as a temporary get me on the road kinda thing i have a 392 hemi if i want it but i was looking at my friends caddy 365 engine and i have to say the quality from that period looks far superior to the hemi.Ok we all love hemi engines i know but where as the hemi just looks big and bulky the caddy just looks sheer class and is a far sleeker looking engine it just ooooozes quality in the i'm the best kind of a way.From a standpoint of power i believe that both caddy and hemi were on a par with each other so i thought i would go the more unusual route and use a caddy engine of the period instead of the big headed pretender which is Hemi.Dont take this as an insult hemi guys it is only my perspective and i also would like that immortal script caddilac on the valve covers which basically states i'm the best engine possible.What do you guys think?and is there any rule of thumb with these engines,which engine is the best out of the 50's caddy range ?.I have to say if i was a rodder in the 50's the caddy would have been my power plant of choice,but what was the reality ?.............Marq

2. fatluckys

fatluckys

There's a good Caddy info post in the Tech-o-matic.

3. marq

marq

ooooooooooooer i'm off to the techo matic ...........Marq

4. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

I personally prefer the '59-'62 engines because the new low mounted full-flow spin-on oil filter replaced the bulky top mounted partial-flo canister set-up, making for a much cleaner appearance, and of course there is also the bonus of the free 'stroker' cranks larger displacement.
    If you are going to do it , might as well get the best. [​IMG]

5. SAE30

SAE30
    BANNED

Call My brother Marcus 510-978-9156 he can help you..he worte that tech post!!

6. marq

marq

i will give your Brother a call maybe the weekend ...............thanks Marq