Register now to get rid of these ads!

53`Pakard i need your pics and ideas.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i just aquired a 1953 pakard mayfair 2 dr.i want to customize it.nothing too fancy just a drop and metal flake and dechrome.need ideas.let me see any of yours.Thanks.... [​IMG]

2. they look good in stock form, but they usually need a drastic adjustment of ride height,my buddy has a ´54 clipper,the only car I have to step up in,not sit down.
    I´d say moss greenish,whith gold roof,supremes,straight copper pipe exhaust!yeah baby! [​IMG]

3. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i like your color scheme.we have the astro supremes ready for it.and some bell flower tips.and yes it will be slammed without bags. [​IMG]

4. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

5. fastcat

fastcat

also not the same year. its a little drastic though. my 49

Attached Files:

6. Kaucher

Kaucher

How's the front bumper? I have one that is in need of some plating but in pretty good shape with the up rights, the cross bar and the brackets. KK

7. Last edited: May 30, 2014
  8. Ooooooooh! Pretty! This may seem like an ignorant sort of question but why are there capped exhaust pipes exiting through the rear valance?

There was a French guy who was a regular entrant in the Original Carerra Pan-Americana, 1950-1954. He had a similar style Packard with an all aluminum body that looked channeled and maybe sectioned with big round wheel wells.

I've got a photo in a book around here but I can't find it. It's a very sharp car and worth checking out.

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The Mexican Road Race guy was Jean Trevoux. His car looked like a '51-'52 Packard 2-door sedan, but it was all aluminum and was reproportioned all over -- and was like 7/8 the size of a real one. It had a seriously hopped up Packard straight 8 with 4 carburetors and was apparently very fast. To my knowledge the fate of the car is unknown.

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Does it run Squigy?
    There's a two door hardtop sitting behingd some warehouses in Orlando, it's bween there for years, someone needs to rescue it.
    It took a while, but Packards started growing on me.

11. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

I really like that kustom Packard that is cool as hell..I wish had the money to do a chop on mine but i need to put in a a 727 trans (conversion) first then i want to get my car bagged so it sit on the ground..I'm glad i bought a Packard its really different and gets alot of looks at kustom shows..I guess its because its not to common but thats the reason i bought it Good luck with your project.. [​IMG]

12. Yeah! That's the car. I wonder what ever became of it?
    Jean Trevoux finished 13th in the 54 Panamericana. Faulkners Lincoln was 9th and Crawfords was 10th. The Packard was known as the Motto Special and was in the Large Sports (1500+) Class. I guess that scaled down aluminum body would be the reason. Turns out Trevoux was quite a driver. I'd like to know the evolution of the idea of using a Packard.

13. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Damn.that black one from Moon Xmas party is perfect.
    Nads,yes the car runs drives stops etc.it was in the Packard museum a few years back.very nice car.for the low price of $2000.00.
    all but the rear bumper is in good condition.
    Keep the pics comin...Thanks...

14. Here are a couple of pics of a freinds 51. It has been off the road for about 3 years getting "finished". He ran it in white DP for 10 years and now is doing a ground up on it.

Attached Files:

15. rear

Attached Files: