Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Model A owners - need some help/ ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

need some ideas on two area.

1st. Its time for me to cut out the rear floor (above the rear and refab that area) and I would like to get some ideas on how you did that area. (would appreciate pics)

2nd I would also like to see how you did your rear inner fender panels (preferabled pics from the inside and if you kept the inner metal bracing. I tried on the rims from my wagon (15x7 reverse) I am going to have to move the top of the fender panel in to clear the rim and tire (rear end is about an 1" to narrow on each side with a heavy reversed rim) I am running fenders (which is a little harder as I have to retain a way to attach them) but I figure I may be able to pick up an idea or two on how I want to lean mine in.

Oh here is a pic with the rear tires on it (not at ride height)

2. Boones, Can't help you but that sedan is gonna rock. I love full fendered cars and not too many are being built anymore. Keep us posted. Keith

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

2nd I would also like to see how you did your rear inner fender panels (preferabled pics from the inside and if you kept the inner metal bracing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken................as you know....... I have never owned a Model A [​IMG] but the 32 guys buy roadster wheelwells for their sedans.........and it opens up the top area.

I know of 6 - 8 Deuce sedans with coupe/roadster wheelwells...works great. Maybe the same would work on a Model Tudor [​IMG]

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Check back a year or so in Street Rodder Magazine. I believe it was Doc Fromacher (the guy who does their engine buildup series) did a complete article doing exactly what you intend to do. I think it had pictures of every step.

Frank

5. Killer

Killer

[​IMG]

we're going to redo the seat bottom to cover the kick.

Oh yeah, yer a mini trucker, you should know the benefits of trailer fenders for those wheelwells..

[​IMG]

6. Doc used Bitchin Wheelwells on his car. (he lives by me,I happen to speak to him quire often) His website is www.webrodder.com I think he has pics of the article up there.

The thing about that style of wheelwell, you can choose how deep you want the inner and cut off the excess. Buy em or build your own. I also have some shots of one we did for a pal of mine at work. I can post the steps tomorrow?

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Randy, I was wondering same thing, just not sure how it may impact how the fender attachs

Tman, would appreciate any info/ pic.. The mounting of the fender is what I am concerned with.

8. fatluckys

fatluckys

Hey, me too Boones... I've been thinking about how I'm gonna stuff big tires under my fenders/how to attach my fenders after I chop up my wheelwells. Mostly I think about it while I'm trying to sleep at night, and I don't have my rear end mounted, or wheels, tires or fenders. So I haven't figured anything out yet...
    You know were building really similar sedans. It kinda bums me out to see yours going together so much faster than mine-- but on the other hand, you get to do a lot of head scratching, while I just kick back and let you figure it all out for me. [​IMG]

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

fatlucky, its good to see another fender brother out there, we are a rarer bunch.. I looked at those fenderwells and I do not think the bitchin method will work, I am going to have to devise something else.

10. Rusty

Rusty

Good luck Boones. Keep us posted on witch way you decided to go with. Nice progress

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

NOW......... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Before.........

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

That is the great thing about starting with solid sheet metal...........and I believe it'd cheaper and quicker in te LONG run.