Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage - Turkey Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Just got back from Daytona Fl and the Turkey Run. Had a great time hanging out with the SoWhat crew from PA and getting a chance to see some of the FL HAMBers (such as Draglink and Nads). This is an open show so you will find a range of rides, there some cool hotrods as well as some turds. Here is the link

Turkey Run Pics

Here is one of my favorite rides from the show

2. jdubbya

jdubbya

Thanks for the pics...someday I will get down there to check it out in person. -Joe

3. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Nice coverage, Boones.
    I recognized a few shots, 39 and 184 [​IMG], 70 , 154 nd 155 [​IMG].
    The guy in 154 with the chin whiskers would not be a HAMBer, would he?

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Oh that would be our own Mr and Mrs. Scarry Larry. who was in attendance with a few other PA HAMBers...

5. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

6. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

It was a good show .I worked there all 4 day's. Met Mike (draglink) and Nad's and a few other's . It's nice to be able to put a face to some name's now.Boone's thanx for the photo's.Pic's 54-56 are my roadster ,307-314 are of a couple of Gary Chopit's car's.The red pickup is his personal truck and the chevy custom is one he built for a custemer. Nad's and Mike I plan on seeing yall again in febuary at the Rumbler's show. Gregg

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Gregg, that is a nice roadster you have.. wanted to take more shots but could not get the people away long enough.. I really hope that by opening up more of the track the cars will be able to park alittle farther apart to aid in photo taking.. the cars were so packed together it was like the mall parking lot..

Speed, there was one or two others I did not shoot, one was a 85 Monte Carlo with 24" gold plated wire wheels and there was a blue 80? buick with 24", both of there were raised up so high they may as well have been on a 4x4 chassis.. one have side nerf bars like a SUV.. so sad.. but like always I like to throw in a few zinger to see if people are paying attention (that was one of a few)..

8. Cannibal

Cannibal

Boones I musta missed you.
    That blue channeled roadster was too nice for words .
    I also dug that 55 Safari.
    It was nice talkin to other Hambers .
    Even though I can`t remember who you all were.

9. bigron

bigron

great pics boones. wish i could have been there. maybe next year.

10. Cannibal

Cannibal

Heres a couple Boones missed great pics BTW

Attached Files:

11. Cannibal

Cannibal

Attached Files:

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

nice pics.i wished to hell i would have caught up with you.my car was the primered black 28 ford coupe w/the blower on the third page of your pics.i lost my visor on i95,doin about 80-90 mph the screws ripped right out the damn thing went flying into the other lane,just missing the 34 ford coupe with the flames.Thanks for the shots... [​IMG]

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

man I thought I had gotten pics of the caddy and wagon. I looked at the wagon several times (being a longroof fan).. Must have looked at it and then forgot to get the picture..

thanks for the addition...

14. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I wish i coulda made it.... I was gettin ready to go Wednesday night and dropped the ratchet and knocked a huge hole in the radiator....so I stayed home...JAMIE

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Boones, Thanks for the pics, we're you trying to see if we were paying attention by sneaking that Speedstar in there? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Frank

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

you got me on that one... no one seemed to mind the colorful T to much going on with that one...

17. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Thanks for the pics. Sorry I did not meet you there, I was parked with another club and ran down Friday morning to meet Nads and some of the Draglincs when they pulled in.
    Pic 334 is my 34 modified, 229,268, and 269 are some of the people I was parked with.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great pics.thanks for sharing.

19. Ken,you never let us down!,,,I really enjoy seeing the different types and styles of cars you shoot,,,,,

Thank you,,,,,,,,HRP [​IMG]

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Boones, it sucked not getting to hang out with you more, like I usually do. The HAMB parking was in the middle of nowhere, far from everybody.
    I liked that blue car too.
    My favorite car had to be the '40 Ford coupe you can barely see in the above picture. That car is pwerfect, it doesn't have a single detail that's wrong about it. The flaked '55 Pontiac Safari was awesome too.
    And Gregg, your roadster is amazing, it was great hanging out with you, you're a swell dude. Spread the word about our show in February, we've got to get a crowd down here, I think we will.

21. I guess that guy with the blue car dont open his doors much!

22. scarylarry

scarylarry

Hey Boones, good to see you again. That has got to be the worst photo of me (well me in it) ever! Damn I'm a fat bastard!

23. Ken...this is just bad ass....

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Nads, wish we could have hung more but the cars were calling and there was only so much sun light.. plus the hotel we stay in is all about powerparking and you have to get back at a decent time to get a spot to park...(left the show by 3 each day).

I think I had a pic of the 40 you were talking about, wish I would have gotten a pic of its backside.. wonderful car.

25. repoguy

repoguy

[ QUOTE ]
    ....Speed, there was one or two others I did not shoot, one was a 85 Monte Carlo with 24" gold plated wire wheels and there was a blue 80? buick with 24", both of there were raised up so high they may as well have been on a 4x4 chassis.. one have side nerf bars like a SUV.. so sad.. but like always I like to throw in a few zinger to see if people are paying attention (that was one of a few)..

[/ QUOTE ]

You know how we do it down here in the F-L-A dawgs! Don't be hatin'!!!

Playas 4 life!

Straight thuggin!

26. Boones : Great pics of the Turkey Run....especially liked the seats in the P/U #033,034,035. Mind if I download & post #034 to see if anybody on HAMB can identify those seats...They'd fit just right in my Track T project.. Stan

27. scarylarry

scarylarry

Stan, thats my truck. The seats are supposed to be late 50's Austin Healey. You cant tell from that photo, but Fatluckys stitched real cool pinstripey spades in the white inserts of the backs. I'll try to get a clear photo tomorrow.

28. great pics. Glad to see that NADS either got his brakes fixes or drove slow getting there [​IMG]