Register now to get rid of these ads!

Daytona............it was nice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Daytona was nice. I have not missed one since 1980... [​IMG] The weather was good, not hot but just right. Met a good many HAMBers....again. Larry and Clark of SoWhat fame, Boones and others all stay up on the motel strip where we stay.........the wife and I had a great time and the old 40 Ford coupe ran great......nary a problem. Put a new carburetor on it before the trip and got almost 18 MPG on the entire 900 mile round trip.

The only BAD is I95............the road was packed going down...gridlock.. [​IMG] so we just cruised down the back roads..........took a little longer than I95 would have normally but saw some real neat stuff.........old gargages, run down motels and out of business places. Hwy 301 is sort of like Route 66 was.....the main road <font color="red"> South </font> before the Interstates......and like 66, 301 is dying....but 4 lane most of the way.

Photos to follow....later

[​IMG]

2. Glad to hear you and your Mrs. had a safe trip,,,,,, [​IMG]

I still haven't talked to Will,,,I will PM you when I do! [​IMG]HRP

3. The wife took the camera and went roaming the swapmeet for a while, but I have a few from Friday Night at Belair Plaza (dark ones) and a couple from Saturday (daylight ones).

36 outside

4. An Orlando Rumbler's '32

5. Flaked 55 Safari 1

6. How many grocery store parking lots you see this in...

7. Barbed wire grill insert in front of a W-head

8. Red '39 with receipts from Winfield

9. Somebody got a new pair of shoes...

10. Kaiser club was in our hotel

11. ____

____

[ QUOTE ]
    Somebody got a new pair of shoes...

[/ QUOTE ]

those HAV'TA be draglinks shoes!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Fat bastards like this can really f*ck up your power-to-weight ratio.

That's my new engine for my AI6 track T in the back of the Zor's black PU.

13. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you get 3 more guess and the first 2 don't count.

Onward... mile high Hemi Dodge coupe

14. ____

____

15. uh.... too far?

16. Thanks PA crew! Johnnylonghair, Clark, for taking time to talk to us.

17. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Joker is gonna be PISSED!!

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Great pics Mike. I totally missed the Rat Fink Thames vav, I like it dude. Did the straight six make it home OK?
    I talked to Zor, he told me about the gridlock going up to SC, he said he was stuck in traffic for 3 hours.

19. That sucks, at least there was no ass-chewing from his Captain.

I6 made it home OK, didn't have time to take it out yesterday, so it came with me to work today.

It did rock back and forth around corners and I knocked the dust off the bumpstops every time there was a swale in the road, but it made it home.

Got home right at 12:00, called Stevie G to find out he was enroute, so I helped One-Eye organize and store some parts on a high shelf while I waited.

About 3 Stevie G and I exchanged parts (Nailhead for Versaille rear) and he left a Dynaflow for 48SilverStreak to pick up (HAMB relays are f*cking great! I'll PM with driving instructions). Stevie G is a REALLY nice guy, I'm not known for my social skils or tact, but he didn't seam to mind my stupid questions.

Before I could even wheel the rear into the shop I got a offer on it. [​IMG] Yup, my '46 will be street rod underneath, but it will be safe and reliable.

Then I torched the bolts off the radius rods and lugbolts off the '57 before what's left goes the dump. The Buick rods are pretty long and heavy, I think the '36 Ford radius rod ends can be grafted on.

Voodoo, I got 2 wheels and biasply tires for ya, they are dryrotted but holding air.

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh yeah Mike, once again my humblest apologies for the cherry picker fiasco. It's amazing how something that big's location could be so fuzzy.

I guess the other Mike's right, I am an idiot.

21. scarylarry

scarylarry

D.R., nice talking with you at the hotel. You gotta be the most laid back guy I've ever met! Steel is real! [​IMG]

22. 4t64rd, that car was cool!(the primered coupe with the barbed wire grill) I saw it at the Mobtown Greaseball in Towson, Maryland.

23. The 999 is SoWhat's (Clark) car, built in 6 days. Nobody will claim the dork behind the wheel.

24. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    D.R., nice talking with you at the hotel. You gotta be the most laid back guy I've ever met! Steel is real! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was nice talking with you and the Mrs. Scary Larry [​IMG]

Love your truck.......Hope the ride back was as good as it was coming down. Isn't Florida a great place to be on Thanksgiving ??

See ya there next year..