Register now to get rid of these ads!

M11 or pinto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by long island vic, Nov 27, 2004.

1. long island vic

long island vic

what are the years that the mustang and pinto had the same front end? as i remember a few yrs were close but i think the later were the same...im cutting a later pinto and was thinking about saving the knuckles if they interchange??

2. I'd say 74-'80 about covers the main stuff. the early ones had a clamp on rack-pinion and shared "spindlier" [​IMG]A arms/spindles[drums] with the Capri I believe?

3. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

71-73 Pintos had drum brake-'74 to 79 Pinto and Mustang II's are the same. I would save the rack,upper and lower control arms ,spindels, the rotors(with hubs) and the calipers with brackets. It's easy to add 5 lug lager rotors to this set up buy using Granda rotors and calber brackets(caliper is the same). Great front end under a full fendered car or an early '50's pickup.

4. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Mustang IIs from 74-78 (79 Mustangs were Fox platform cars), and Pintos from 74-80 should interchange.

They're the best of cars and the worst of cars...and I've owned more than probably any other two people here...for better or for worse!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Paul2748

Paul2748

Don't forget the Mercury Bobcat. Same as the MII and Pinto.

6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

What a great topic for your 1000 th post.

I'd say grab them, good swap material.