Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead/Inline Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim Marlett, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

I finally got around to putting the 2004 High Altitude Flathead/Inline Nationals drag race on my web page. Mostly pictures with a little comment.

http://flatheaddrag.com/

Just scroll down the the 2004 events and choose the appropriate link.

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

Nice photos! I was there in 2001 with the Inliners; I remember seeing all of those inline dragsters in the pits. There is sort of an overwhelming immensity to that Bandimere Speedway, with it being perched on that hillside, and the elevation difference from the pits to the track.

Inliners International is planning a national meet in Denver for 2006 at the Flathead/Inliners Drags, so the Inlines will be well represented that year.

3. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

its a great race to go to each yr up here in colorado.
    Hopefully this summer or 2006 I'll be racin w/ my chebby 4 cylilnder
    Great photos also

4. Great reading and photos,,,,the hamb drag photos is a plus! [​IMG]HRP

5. 41ChevyTrucker

41ChevyTrucker

great photos! Any details on the unlimited winner's engine?

[​IMG]

6. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

It's a GMC with early heads. Runs a fair load of nitro. I have some photos from the Albuquerque flathead/inline race with its heads off and detail shots of the heads and the two piece push rods that allow the big block (I think) rockers to work. Eventually I'll get those pictures up too.

7. Kinky6

Kinky6

That 302 GMC dragster belongs to Bob Corbett of Denver. Earlier this year it ran a 8.40 with that stock head at Bandimere. And that's the low-tech head. If you look at the '01 photos, he is running a 12-port crossflow head of his own design, carved out of a solid chunk of aluminum.

8. 41ChevyTrucker

41ChevyTrucker

[ QUOTE ]
    That 302 GMC dragster belongs to Bob Corbett of Denver. Earlier this year it ran a 8.40 with that stock head at Bandimere. And that's the low-tech head. If you look at the '01 photos, he is running a 12-port crossflow head of his own design, carved out of a solid chunk of aluminum.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow he does well! It's nice to see a "low-tech" original head configuration kicking some butt. Its motivation for regular cheap inline guys like me.