Register now to get rid of these ads!

`36 ford rear fenders question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reefer, Nov 27, 2004.

1. reefer

reefer

Can you guys help me,,,,There are a pair of near perfect `36 rear fenders for sale and I need to know if and what are the differences between the various `36 models i,e, will coupe, cabriolet, roadster, sedan interchange??The vendor says that the bolt holes do not match up on his `36 5 window but the shape is ok.there is a small discrepency on the final 6 inches of the mounting flange towards the rear but other than that they look the same.I`m looking to be fitting them on a `36 3 window.

thanks.

2. 36 ford coupe( both 3 and 5 window) and roadtser are the same...sedans are different, and what you dscribed is where the difference is..if they don't fit his 5 window,they will not fit your 3 window.. and they must be sedan fenders

ive been told that you can modify sedan fenders to fit a coupe,but i have never done it

3. reefer

reefer

Thanks for the reply Greg, not the answer I was hoping for but the answer I thought I`d get!I`m stiil probably going to go after `em and see if I can make `em fit by cutting the "wrong Bits"off and grafting the "right bits" on off of the coupe fenders.It seems a shame because they look mint condition, but to straighten out and repair the coupe fenders would be a big job. thanks again.