Register now to get rid of these ads!

Four Post Lifts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Duster, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Duster

Duster

Looking at the Direct-Lift for $1995 the Pro-Park 7. and the Autolifters M6. at $2395. Has anyone used these and know how good or bad they are. LATER DUSTERS

2. a friend of mine has the direct lift , he likes it..i have used it many times myself and i think it's fine for the home user...however,there are some things about it that makes me believe that in a commercial opertaion (where you would be going up and down many times a day) that you should go to an more expensive unit...like the the bearings for the frame to slide up the posts are just nylon blocks, and not ball bearings like in the more expensive indutrial units

like i said before...i think it's fine for the home user , and anything cheap about it doesn't effect SAFETY..i'd stand under it anytime

3. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

I own a Direct Lift and I love it. I wonder how I have gotten along all this time without it. In the 8 or 9 months I have owned It I have used it extensivly. I have used it to bag three vehicles in that time the most recently was a 2004 F-150 super crew. I was a little concerned if it could handel a truck that big but it did it with no complaints. The jack mechanism for the jack trey would be ideal but I did not pop for that. I plan to get buisy and build myself one. My only complaint is the release mechanism for the locks sometimes can be a little trickey. I am sure that is just a matter of getting it dialed in.

4. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

My brother in law and I bought KW Sales lifts.
    they are overbuilt and rate at 8500 lbs.

we got a deal, which I think if you talk to the sales people, every one gets the Deal price.
    Locks are easy to work with the release near the operating ewitches.
    These lifts can be wired for 110 or 220 volts oer the customer's needs. Standard is 110.

The jack tray comes with the lift and all parts are powder coated for durability.
    The ramp surfac4es and the rack surfaces have a gritty substance in the powder coat for a non-slip contition.
    Each of their racks comes with a dolley system(de tachable) for easy portability.

Little more money, but a lot more features, including safety.

5. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

I also have a Direct Lift and love it. I use it all the time. I have had it for 1 year with no problems.
    Dennis [​IMG]

6. I had the Autolifter M-6, just sold it for $1500. It worked just fine. Can't tell you if its worth the extra bucks or not. If these other guys had good luck with the Direct Lift, I'd probably go with that.

7. Mutt

Mutt

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Autolifters are made in Kansas and not China, that's enough for me...

9. Duster

Duster

Thanks Mutt and all the rest of you for your help, Think i may go with the Auto lift M6. I will call them on monday see what kind of deal they will make. Mutt the DUSTERS plaques are in the works.