Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Original SCTA members on the HAMB???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Nov 27, 2004.

1. I've met some pretty "historical" Racers/Builders when I lived in So.Cal..

Some I've met at the Doughnut Derelects in Huntington Beach on Saturday mornings, El Mirage, and others through variouse other shows!

But I was wondering if there are any SCTA originators still around...??? And if so..., are any of them on the HAMB???

2. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

I have been a member of the sidewinders and scta since 1973.
    i am currently not an active member until my race roadster is completed and ready to run , which is hopefully in may 2005.

3. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

I don't know who the guy with the 29 is.
    To jion scta you have to be a member of one of the clubs. each club has different requirements to joint. you could get hold of the scta throgh the web site at scta -bni .org.

4. Wingnutz, it sounds like you're describing Jack Underwood and his '29 roadster. F-head here on the HAMB met him on El Mirage a few years ago and built a '29 roadster similar to Jacks.

5. I'd bet Elmo Rodge is an oldtimer member too.

6. [ QUOTE ]
    Wingnutz, it sounds like you're describing Jack Underwood and his '29 roadster. F-head here on the HAMB met him on El Mirage a few years ago and built a '29 roadster similar to Jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..., that's him...!

Good promoter and a wealth of information as well...! [​IMG]

From what I can gather..., Jacks been with that program for many years.

It would be nice to have the "Mad Fab" do some features some of these older clubs and there members. (Hear that EVIL...?) [​IMG]

Hey Rocky..., if you know Elmo..., see if he's a member..., OK...?

7. Crease

Crease

It would be a round about way, but if your desperate PM Pogo and ask him for Steve Beck's number. Pretty sure Steve cold help you out.

8. Jack Underwood is a ruler!!

Go to the gallery on my website.. Click on "shops".. There some Underwood stuff there. That guy is walking history book!!

Maurice

9. HELLMET

HELLMET

i am good friends with og stca member jack calori of the lancers. i'm reproducing his 29 roadster the one with the twin pipes up each side.he's been great in helping me with all of the little details. i wish i had a digital camera to show you guys pics its all most in running order . maybe i should get one soon then i'll have to figure how to post pics. stay tuned. billy

10. [ QUOTE ]
    Thanks Maurice...!

Could you post some of those shots on the HAMB...??? [​IMG]

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go buddy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I'm old and I'm a member. That's about it. The guys I crew for are the "real deal". I'm still getting my feet wet. Dan Warner posts on here occasionally. He's right in there. Wayno

12. Yeah, Hi Wayno..

13. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Isn't Jack the historian for SCTA?
    I met him back in '69 when I did some annoucing at Bonneville. He talked me into joining SCTA back then.

If there is anything Jack doesn't know about SCTA; then it probably isn't worth knowing!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh yeah, Hi Wayno! Did you get the info you were looking for?

14. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Hi Maurice. [​IMG]
    Hi Rocky. [​IMG]
    Hi Dave. [​IMG]You guys are a trip.
    Dave, Mike lined me up with a couple of websites. Just so no one feels left out, I'm looking for a Mercury tail gate and trim for a '53 pickup for Joe. Joe's a trip, too. [​IMG] Wayno

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wow, Thats some garage there.
    I have never seen headlights like these. What are they???

[​IMG]

16. ____

____

man,when/if i ever build a model A roadster,this is how i want it to look! i LOVE this VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

[​IMG]

17. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

The headlights are Woodlites.

18. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi Wayno...,

Do you own a Flat powered roadster...?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope. '36 Tudor.

19. HELLMET

HELLMET

visting my friend jack calori today he told me of a guy i would have to meet if i needed any info, so he picks up the phone and calls his friend "jack" turns out to be jack underwood. how cool. real nice guy. he and calori have been friends a long time . he said if i needed any thing to give a call or come down . what a small world .billy