Register now to get rid of these ads!

weight question.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Nov 26, 2004.

1. If you all know what your HotRod weighs why keep it to your self....It could be VERY helpful to someone planning or in the building stages of their ride.....
    I personally would like a close estimate of how much my "56" [​IMG] Chevy Suburban/panel will end up weighing so I can better choose a front suspension.....
    using:-[S/B chevy auto trans and 9" rear- with frt and [1]back seat installed]

2. McGrath

McGrath

My '65 F100 with 8' bed weighs 4,200 lbs so I would think yours would be even heavier... [​IMG]

That was on an old balance scale at an abandoned grain elevator though, so its not guaranteed accurate.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

As I recall, my 55 GMC 1 ton panel had 5500 pounds on the title

4. Mines a 1/2 ton-I suspected it would weigh under 4G.... Hell I took out 5"!!! [​IMG]

5. slammed

slammed

With a spartan interior, under 4000lbs with out a problem. Any photo's of this 'burban?

6. sorry not ready for prime time . [​IMG]

7. Rusty

Rusty

If i had to guess I would say around 4500-5000lbs

8. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

werent u going to put that on a late model frame? or were u clipping it? i think if it was going on say a s-10 chassis it would be lighter then the stock. but its prob not the case since your setting up a front suspesion.i bet ya it will onley be around 3800 or so.

9. atch

atch

kenny,

clarence weighs about 3500 +/-. i've got a weight ticket in the glove compartment if ya want me to look at it tonight. 283/T350, 8" rear, chopped 5", no interior other than some cheap 80-something bucket seats outta some small/cheap oldsmobile. ET 5-spoke wheels; prolly no lighter than steelies. aspen/volare front. no bumpers.

10. Thanks guys- I have stepped the rear of frame to lower it 9 inches so I couldnt use just a straight frame swap or clip clip.
    Problem is the frt steer would interfere with radiator and its mount......
    It will have to be a Rack and pinion or a rear steeing box as I will have to step it about 6" I believe at the firewall.
    I feel the 35-3800 lbs guess is a close [​IMG] Asstimate...