Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brookville 32 subrails.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Has anybody used these replacement subrails? I made a set for my 5 window but am thinking about cutting them out and using the Brookvilles instead..Other than the cost anything that I should worry about when putting them in a coupe body?Thanks in advance,Louie

2. gasser

gasser

I used brookville roadster subrails on my 5 window, my car didn't have anything for me to copy. The main differance's are the gussets that attach to the A & B posts, you can get the stamped ones from brookville but they are for the roadster and are much shorter, easier to fab something for here. The big difference is the part of the subrail that falls into the door opening, I had to cut this about quite a bit and fit replacement 5 window rockers? (call 'em sills here) over the roadster sub rail as the 5w door is longer. The sub rail extensions at the rear which go into the very back corners of the rear quarters, over the tank are the same as roadster so you can use these too. I used the sub rails as a starting point as my car had no rails or floor and the bottom 8 - 10 inches or so was gone all around.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

There's a young guy here that has what was a wasted '32 5w. He was about to give up on it and decided to get the subrails from Brookville. The project took off when he got them and now he is going to have one hell of a 5w. Like has already been said there is a difference in the area of the B pillar but a little give and take solved the problem..

Frank

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think everything Brookville makes is top shelf. I'm going to get a set of 30-31 rails for a roadster body I've had for years.

5. alchemy

alchemy

32 roadster subrails are obviously different. You could cut them up, or you could go with subrails made for a coupe. Try mcphersonauto.com.

- alchemy

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I used roadster subrails from Brookville for my 5 window. The only part needing rework were the rocker panels. The bottom of a roadster door is quite different from a 5W. Had to cut out the top and replace it with a 5w rocker top piece. I'm not aware of anyone making replacement 5 windoe subrails.