Register now to get rid of these ads!

That Jesse James RC Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Bones, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where do I get one?

2. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

We got my 8yr. old one at walmart for christmas.

we had to go to 3 different stores to find one, 2 weeks ago!

3. laidoutford

laidoutford

Wal Mart. Why the hell would you want one anyway? They're as gay as he is. [​IMG]

4. hollywud

hollywud

Im sure Glad im not the only one that feels that way! [​IMG]

5. [ QUOTE ]
    Wal Mart. Why the hell would you want one anyway? They're as gay as he is. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, kind of like street rods are gay...until you paint them and change the wheels and tires.

6. GaryC

GaryC

At the walmart by me they had a stack of them in the 1/6th scale, and I was bored so I looked them up on their site. In stock supposedly.
    I kind of want the '54, just to rip it apart and modify the body, change the wheels and paint it candy green.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3322048&cat=78166&type=21&dept=4171&path=0%3A4171%3A4200%3A78166
    That's a link to the 1/6th scale '54 chevy
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3322047&cat=78166&type=21&dept=4171&path=0%3A4171%3A4200%3A78166
    That is their '36 Ford.

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Oh, I should have mentioned that the one I got for my boy has already been repainted and pinstriped, then repackaged.

I'll take pics once I get it back next week from my buddy!

The boy's gonna love it [​IMG]

8. tatts

tatts

whats up dude, a little upset your not rich and famous by doing what you love. you only hate on him cause hes poupular. if he was still some struggling fuckin nobody you would think he was the shit. he got lucky and hit it big you should be THANKFUL that atleast one dirty rotten SOB made it
    besides he would propably beat you laidoutford ass

9. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

[ QUOTE ]
    whats up dude, a little upset your not rich and famous by doing what you love. you only hate on him cause hes poupular. if he was still some struggling fuckin nobody you would think he was the shit. he got lucky and hit it big you should be THANKFUL that atleast one dirty rotten SOB made it
    besides he would propably beat you laidoutford ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, man, not his crap all over again, my dad could beat you up, shit. How many times is this Jessie James thing gonna happen..

10. tatts

tatts

pops propably could but im not talking shit about your pop or someone ill never have the chance to meet. but your right and ill glady step back from the debate

11. Thanks for the info. on where to find one. Now someone lock this thread.

12. JamesG

JamesG

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the info. on where to find one. Now someone lock this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should rename Walmart, Jessemart. They have more of his crap for sell there than he does. [​IMG]

13. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

i dont wana jump into some debate here cause ive never met the guy myself

but i am friends with fay butler and he says jesse is a great guy and that when he took his class he did not act like a big shot jackass...he was a legitimate student trying to learn and pay attention

jesse just fell into making it big...everyone would probably do the same given the oppertunity

and i mean think about it...you walk through walmart and you see little plastic honda civics...then there sits a purple car similar to a westergard style coupe and a primered 54 chevy with the roof chopped

whats wrong with that?

just my 2 cents on a subject i probably shouldnt stick my nose in...but i trust fay's opinion on almost anything and if he says jesse is a good guy i'll take it at that

zach

14. hollywud

hollywud

I had to VT

Attached Files:

15. Its funny every couple a months we get these new guys that were lucky enough not to get bashed for not doing a intro! And the next thing you know they are on here bashing Jesse. Like they got more skills and style?? Then they disapear after a while they never do a tech post half of them never post a pic of a car??? I would love to build a car with legions such as Bill Hines or Gene Winfield. And have much respect for someone who was graceice enough to share it with us.The guy has class thats why he is where he is he worked his butt off for it

16. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

[ QUOTE ]
    Its funny every couple a months we get these new guys that were lucky enough not to get bashed for not doing a intro! And the next thing you know they are on here bashing Jesse. Like they got more skills and style?? Then they disapear after a while they never do a tech post half of them never post a pic of a car??? I would love to build a car with legends such as Bill Hines or Gene Winfield. And have much respect for someone who was gracious enough to share it with us.The guy has class thats why he is where he is he worked his butt off for it

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go Slazz, I fixed some mispells for ya. I agree with what you said also.

17. Mojo

Mojo

That 54 is pretty neat. I'd like to get a hold of one (maybe I can find a broken one on ebay after christmas for cheap!), and cut it down to 1/8th scale. The 36 Ford is a good bit off on proportions, not that good looking. Horrible chop on the real one. But anyhow, it is really neat to see cars like that sitting next to the escalade with the giant dubs on the shelves.

18. Thanks speedy!!!I needed it I am getting better though. At least I can make a sentance now. No more 50 word sentances LOL

19. the Chevy has a goofy chop on it, but that could be fixed and I am going to have an extra set of wheels and tires from my new Big Duece model...hmmm [​IMG]

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone is jealous that they don't have the skills that JJ does. Hmmmm... Yeah that about sums it up....

21. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

I want to get one, but gut the crappy electronics, (probably everything but the body), and put better quality hobby grade R/C stuff in it, plus paint and stuff. I think it'd be pretty cool. [​IMG]

22. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I agree... Jesse James, seems like a hella cool dude and he';s just doing his thing and making a living out of it... i can relate. But people get all " insta-kool" when ever something or someone is popular or successful and they knock it/them down... bummer people think that way:( We are all guilty of being jealous or envious at sometime in our lives for things we want and can't have, it's just human nature:( Growing out of that negative mentality can be hard to do and takes work! I'm stoked for J.J. and his success... he's living the dream that most wish for!
    If not... then that's cool as well as long as your happy doing what you love.
    wish they made a 30 or a 32 Ford coupe hotrod, i'd get one:)
    CAB

23. sodas38

sodas38

I agree with ya Cab. I think he is a hell of an artist. He's doing want he wants to and enjoys it, I envy him for that. People would smash there t.v.'s if they had to watch an hour of what I do for work.

24. Hollywud,

I'm laughing so hard I
    have tears in my eyes.
    Thanks!!

25. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

i'm with ya tony. luckily we live where we're able to speak our minds and give our opinions without fear of reprisal (except from the HAMB ) my opinion? wtg JJ, keep up the cool work.

26. Crease

Crease

Can a 2 foot RC 36' really suck? Im thinkin the answer is no.

27. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

well, i got one...i ripped off the big plastic bumpers...took off the dumb sparker thing...made fender skirts for it...set the stance right and ran it around...its pretty cool i think...the bumper scrapes on bumps and whatnot...im gona make a new bumper withouth a missing space for the sparker..repaint it and set it here on a shelf...your right, how can a 2 foot 36 ford coupe be bad...even if the proportions are off some...its still better then must junk you see

28. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

I was thinking of putting the 54 on an old gas powered RC race car that I have but was not sure of the dimensions (sp). If any one has the 54 how wide is the body and whats the distance between the wheels? I think it would be a cool little toy to have a 54 rc car that does 60 mhp. Does the 54 have the scrape pad or only the 36?

Jonney

29. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

It's 1:6 scale, I was thinking of trying to put it on an E-Maxx (or T/Maxx) chassis.

30. weekender

weekender
    Member Emeritus

Cab, I agree with you. Kinda like calling Tony Hawk a sellout. Maybe he should give up the millions and go back to the streets??? WTF?? Most are just jealous. They would do the same if given the chance, I know I would. I respect JJ for doing so well and making his living doing what he loves. At least he does his own fabrication, instead of part's ordering.

I don't know why I responded. just get sick of reading the bashings on someone who is doing well for themselves.

Tommy Mc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.