Register now to get rid of these ads!

want your car low?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manyolcars, Nov 25, 2004.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Cool post !!!

3. kentucky

kentucky

4. Anderson

Anderson

I noticed something very similar on that orange modified in this months street rodder. I know you've all seen the car.

But it doesn't look like there is a spring "perch," rather a crossmember that the spring rides over. the shackles go to the wishbones. It's pretty cool.

5. Radshit

Radshit

Actually....the copper/orange modified belongs to a friend of mine, Jamie Johnson....the spring shackles are mounted to the front axle on the backside.....not the wishbone.....that car runs as good as it looks...

6. I got an old T-frame with my Lakes modified project and was contemplating the very same thing.

7. Photo... I was thinking of simply using the entire frame upside down and then Z-ing the back of it.

8. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

wow!

can ya feel it?

blurriest picture there but DAMN thats it!

i was born too late [​IMG]

zach

Attached Files:

9. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

hmm

Attached Files:

10. daren

daren

11. daren

daren

12. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

13. Cycle Jock

Cycle Jock

Wonder what method was used to load their cars on the trailers? Didn't notice any "fast food" advertisements. Can you imagine the living conditions in the "pit area"? Those guys had to love it! Great site, thanks for posting it......Fred

14. poop

poop

15. Slide

Slide

That's some great stuff. Thanks for pointing us at it!

As for the spring thing, I remember a few years ago (maybe 5-6 years?) Street Rodder featured a t-modified that had parallel leafs on the front, but the leafs were mounted to the top of the frame, with the axle going under the leafs, but over the frame. Basically like Rocky suggested with turning the frame upside-down. This way the frame horns curled up instead of down, and the leaf springs arched upward instead of downward.