Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Dad was on Monster Nation last night!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Nov 25, 2004.

1. kustomd

kustomd

On episode 17 last night my dad was on there with his fighting battle bot Max Wedge. Its kinda a cool seeing him on there since I don't get to see him very often considering he lives out in cali and I live in arkansas. I wasn't even expecting to see him untill my wife called me at the house telling me that she just saw him on monster nation fighting his robot. He's number one in the nation in his class so far but he lost on this encounter to his rival devils plunger. I know this is OT but at least the begining of the show had cars on it. I just thought it was cool seeing mike on there since I haven't seen him since my wedding. He also has some old cars that he messes with while he isn't building robots. I guess thats where I get my old car disease from... Hehe

Whats bad is he hasn't even seen the episode yet I'll have to call him and send him a copy of the video.

2. Cool man! Kinda an early Xmas present for you and yer pops.

3. kustomd

kustomd

Yea I guess it is since I don't get to see him on thanksgiving and this year he's by himself. I just hope maybe he can make christmas but that isn't looking good either with the costs of air flights around holiday's. I'll have to send him some video's of my chopped 54 chevy doing burnouts to cheer him up. Its cool having a dad that doesn't get mad when your doing burnouts in his car or show him how to powerslide it on country back roads. I just hope I get to come out to cali sometime maybe make it to paso one year with him in one of my cars.

4. weekender

weekender
    Member Emeritus

Kustomd, glad to see you thinking about your dad that way. Back in the early 60's, my dad would scoff at me building my 40 ford standard coupe. "It"s a waste of money" he would say. One day I rolled up in the drive and said get in. We went about a mile up the road kinda easy, then turned around and ran it thru the gears. 301 SBC 097 cam, 3 two's. From that day forward, he talked up the old coupe to everyone.(R.I.P. Dad) All he had ridden in was a horse and buggy or an old chevy six. Musta been awesome for him to go about a hundred.

Go see your dad as often as you can and DO take him for that ride. You will never regret it.

Happy Thanksgiving, Tommy Mc

5. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i heard "max wedge" and i thought hmmm. must be a car guy! how about those people with the tanks? i saw THAT and told my dad i felt cheated! [​IMG] kidding of course, prety cool show.

6. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Whatever happened to Battlebots? I liked that show. The engineering was interesting.

7. kustomd

kustomd

Yea he is a car guy. He's really into old mopar products. But mainly the mid 60's to the extremely early 70's. He likes alot of the chrysler engines like 440's which has two cars running them and the old hemi's.