Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stretch droppin I beam axles at home?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Count Scrapula, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

Does anbody still stretch-drop/straighten I-beam axles like the old Mor Drops? I have a '46 and a '40. The '40 needs straightening before it could be dropped.

Could a jig be made to do this myself? I'm thinkin that the jig could be mounted in a press with tourch mounts at the critical places. When heated to the proper temp. use the press to do the stretchin. What do you guys think?

2. Our very own Titus, here on the HAMB does it at his shop.

I think there was a how to post on this subject too.

3. Its in TECHOMATIC section ,CountScrapula

4. BEllM in the Titus home drop axle post mentioned showing how to chrome plate them at home.

Cheatin' using this, but it's flexible enough not to crack and flake off, they spray it on clothing.

5. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4t64rd,Couldn't get the link to work

6. MP it must be your computer cause the link worked for me. That paint is pricey. Couldn/t you chrome it for that? or am I not up to date.

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

The original Titus post left a lot of questions unanswered. It would be great to get answers and a photo of his complete jig.

8. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com