Register now to get rid of these ads!

info needed on ford roadster go cart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by randydupree, Feb 20, 2009.

1. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

i had a guy call me saying hes got an old ford roadster go cart for sale,supposed to be a promotional cart from ford.
    i did a search but didnt see anything about them on the hamb.
    i thought there was a thread a few years ago about the dodge/plymouth bodied carts.
    does anyone have a link or any info?????

2. alsancle

alsancle

3. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

There is a lot of missing information here.
    What year?
    what scale?
    what material?
    powered by?

My website is the one listed above and I have powered promotional car information on there but, when I think roadster I think 1930s era.
    The first Ford supported scale GoKart replica was the 1955 Thunderbird. and they were electric powered and were not available in gas powered versions until 1957.

If the body is fiberglass you can bet it is not 30s vintage since fiberglass did not see a lot of commercial application until the early 50s.

Several manufacturers made and some still do offer 1932-34 era Ford roadster go karts and varied in scale from pedal car/stroller size to half scale. the bodies were fiberglass and some of the carried good detail but most carried decals and pinstriping to make up for a pretty drab body form.

With pictures I can provide more information but the chances of it being a promotional car and very limited when you describe it as a roadster.

Below are a few of the Powered promotionals that were offered.

Attached Files:

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is it model T shriners go-cart?

5. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

theres always missing info.
    as we all know!
    but the story the guy gave me is this.
    he has a 30's roadster go cart,witha single cyl gas engine,supposed to be one of 15 or so made,for ford employees or something.
    anyway,he says he paid someone alot of money to fix all the dents etc in the body,that makes me think steel body.
    its garaged,and covered with all kinds of bullshit like mose garages have.
    he said theres no way he can take pics,just come get it and bring cash,a pretty big stack of cash.
    i have never heard of one of these cars,i have seen the newer stuff,like on your site.
    if 60's is new!
    anyway,is there a chance this is a real cart,or a bullshit story?

6. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Unless he can provide you some sort of documentation I would say it is BS. The fact that he is unwilling to take pictures sends up a red flag in my book but if he is not that far away you may want to take a look then take a hike once you see it?

Hell the thing could turn out to be a king midget for all you know?
    would he be willing to let someone in to take a look? if it is far away from you maybe another hamb member?

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Get some buddies to buy one and drink lots of beer and you can convoy to the roundup!
    [​IMG]

8. Spooky

Spooky

Awright, I say to ask him politely to dig the car out, take a few pictures and post 'em here.
    If anyone here cannot locate any info on it(which would surprise the HELL otua me), then I'd forward pics to the Early Ford V8 club.

I LOVE that Edsel Youngstar http://www.jrcentral.com/edsel.html

9. skwurl

skwurl

the Shriners used to run around in them. Theyre really col cars. I almost bought on last year.

10. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

he would take pics if he could see it,its buried under all kind of junk in his garage.
    hes about 2 hours away from me,next week i'll go take a look.
    the guy has money,he not a dummy.

11. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

They still do. I'm one. But I run around in a full-sized one with a Red Ram.

The nicest ones (I think) are the '32 replicas; our unit here calls 'em the Red Roadsters. Most of 'em have about a 5hp lawnmower engine, and yes, you do find 'em at swap meets, eBay, and estate sales. Good luck.
    Fearless

12. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Attached Files:

13. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl