Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage East Coast Regional Nostalgia Drags @ Capitol Raceway, anyone going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Don't know anything about this event, just saw a flier. It's this coming Sunday, Oct. 12th @ Capitol Raceway, Crofton, MD. 10am. It's the 3rd Annual put on by East Coast Drag News (www.ecdnonline.com) but nobody I've spoken with knows much about how the previous 2 events turned out. I know a lot of Mid-Atlantic area folks will be in Ocean City for the Endless Summer Cruising event, but I was just looking for something a little closer to home. Any opinions on this would be appreciated.....Thanks, Don.

2. Mopar34

Mopar34

This show is put on by a friend of mine, Dave Cohen. I have never gone but I was told that last year they had several hundred cars turn out for both the drags as well as the car show. Dave and his company (D&N Promotions) also do the annual East Coast Indoor Nationals Car Show at Timonium Md in December. That show is an invitation only show with about 300 pre 1972 cars. If the drags are as good as the Indoor show, it should be a good event. Unfortunately I have to work, otherwise I would like to go to see the gassers run.:(

3. Hey thanks for that update. Been to his Timonium show many times and it's always a good event. I think I'll try to go to this car show / drags and check it out. Sorry you can't make it. Don't forget Jalopyrama in Glen Burnie, MD in 4 weeks. Ask off work now.:)

4. See www.capitolraceway.com. Fun time last year but going to OC Friday and Saturday since it's in my backyard. Sunday off to NHRA Richmond for me.