Register now to get rid of these ads!

what color to metal flake my roof?? donnie??? anyone??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forsakenfew, Jul 2, 2004.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

well, things have progressed faster than i had expected with this car. i'm hoping to metal flake the roof in the next month or two. problem is, i'm not sure which color to use. so here i am, asking for opinions. oh shit, that could be trouble.....

ok, all you painters and flakers, gimme some ideas. not sure if the pic will show, but the body is a metallic forest green.

i had thought about a tangerine top, or maybe a lime green top. what else ya'll got? i want this thing to stand out without being too nuts, ya know? oh, and the dash, and all garnish moldings will be the same color as the roof.

sorry for the shitty pic, i may be able to post a better shot later.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I like the current contrast myself. I would stick with something light like silver...but that's just me. Either way, be sure to post pics when you are done.

3. slammed

slammed

Silver based, top w/ purple 'flake. White base w/Loud Lemon-Lime top w/ boat 'flake. Neat ride, mister. What style of pin-stripe? Mabe the color of the top, will be part of the 'stripe theme? Or possible to tie in interior color as well.

4. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

well, i'm honestly trying to stay away from a silver flake roof. just too damned common. i'm liking the white base, lemon/lime idea. sounds tasty....

stripes? not sure. i'll leave that in the hands of a pro!

5. Sukie

Sukie

Well .............I think white flake would be nice....but thats just me [​IMG]

6. slammed

slammed

Silver Based, top with candy purple, top with 'flaked clear. The purple car just behind your ride (pic) triggered that idea.

7. Tony

Tony

The first thing that came to me was a very light green base with a heavy dark green, or silver flake...

Oh yeah, DAMN nice lookin ride! [​IMG]

Rat.

8. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

yeah, his dodge has some a HEAVY flaked purple roof. need sunglasses to look at it in the sun! i'm just not sure purple would go with the green so good. oh, and thank for the compliment on the car.

9. Hmm...go the lime grean/lemon tinged idea... And the car behind looks a lot like mine! Shizer. Make sure you chuck some UV protectant Clear over your candy color. Mines faded a tad, gonna respray my roof back to a dark purple soon! (lowsquire - when we sort out a time in afew months!)

Cheers

Maiki

Attached Files:

10. How about white with silver flake...here's the "twist"...with a lime green pearl or candy. It's tough to beat the white/silver roof thing, but if you want it to be a bit different, I think the green pearl or candy over it would add some dazzle.

11. slammed

slammed

Check out Indian Larry's tribute bike to Big Daddy Roth the Rat Fink art work has some of that Lemon/Lime w/'flake. Mabe someone has a scan of it, they could post?

12. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

white with green pearl in the clear

13. haring

haring

Don't be so quick to dismiss a white or silver roof. It may seem common, but really, how many cars do you actually encounter each day with a silver flaked roof? ZERO is my guess. This is a natural combination with the color you already have and will look good with the WHITEWALLS and CHROME.

Yes, you can get crazy with another color, but you don't have to pound people over the head to make a point. You car is already gorgeous. Just tighten it up a bit with some flake and no one will complain.

14. Green Candy over sliver flake.

15. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

keep the color scheme the same. use a white base and spray a shitload of HOK Abalone flake over it. I have a link so a site where you can see all the colors, but I still can't log onto msn explorer to get to it. The Abalone would look NICE with that green. I"m probaly spelling the color wrong, but you know what i mean. It would be "mild" but not TOO mild....Too bad your nto out my way or I'd hook you up. We're working on a 63 impala that's gonna be blue with a white/abalone roof, I'll see if I can find that link for ya.

16. How come it sits like that? Are you doing an oil change at the crooze nite??

17. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

I think a black roof with green or silver metal flake would look awesome! But I do like the Abalone idea.

Black and green are very kewl together!

18. <font color="red"> Dude you know my vote....Tangerine Metal Flake...they would match you speedos....

R E D M E A T </font>

19. Missing Link

Missing Link

Plaid

Seriously

Dude

20. luckystiff

luckystiff

i've got switch where he's thinkin' like me now days. white with abalone flake would be nice and if you really wanna mix it up. do the above with a forest green metallic with emerald flake scallop job. maybe real mild even like just a border scallp on the roof and a few accent scallps on the nose deck maybe the front and/or rear wheel wells. kinda lay your scallops out so they look kinda like they were done to hide where you nosed and decked it. common to use scallops to cover those areas when cars got these treatments new. OR, you could just do a dark green roof with emerald flake in it ifin' your just wantin todo the roof.oh yeah with the above idea o would still use a touch of green pearl over the white just enough to give it a green highlight in bright light. i've been thinking on ways of playing with pearls lately. i'm really liking using them in a subtile manner. fun with paint...ken....

21. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

I say steal Snacky's idea, and paint it Olive green metalflake.

22. Paul

Paul
    Editor

what colors are in the upholstery?

looks like you have the EZ Eye tint glass,

silver would go with any other colors you got goin on and buried in candy the same color as the glass would give it a cool look.

not much for shock value though.

how about maroon?

with the white top it should be easy to photoshop..

Paul

23. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

hey guys, thanks for all the ideas!!!

man, just when i think i've decided on something, i come across something else.

i was initially all about tangerine, then it changed to the lime green. now i'm liking the white with the green..... shit, i could change my mind daily on this stuff.

i'm going to try and post a better close up shot of it so maybe y'all can photoshop it for me.

oh, and as for the interior, i'm waiting to have it done till the final paint is down. then it'll probably be white tuck n roll, with piping to match one of the paint colors.

as it sits now, it's got green carpet with white vinal door panels, package tray, etc.