Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME SHOPS - Central Florida - West Coast - are there any good ones ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Dec 18, 2006.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

If you know of a good shop that does Chrome plating near the Tampa - Ocala area, and have a recomondation, Please let me know.

I'm also looking for a shop that can do Ceramic Coating on headers to.

Thanks in advance.

2. mustangsix

mustangsix

I've used Hyperkote in Orlando several times to coat headers.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hyperkote
    [/FONT][SIZE=-1]4101 El Rey Rd # 3[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Orlando, FL 32808[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](407) 445-2026
    [/SIZE]

Their website seems to be broken, but give them a call. They are not far from the fairgrounds, just off of SR 50 (West colonial) near mercy drive.

3. A-1 Muffler, in Seminole. They do the shiny chrome-look ceramcoating... They run around to shows with the enclosed trailer with headers in it.

(727) 399-9666

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The last Hyper Kote jobs I saw looked like crap after about two months, I dunno.

5. TimDavis

TimDavis

J&D Performance Coatings in Jaxsonville. Great work.

904-879-1803

John Cato - Owner - Hot Rodder - Baddass '29 on Deuce rails.

6. Phil1934

Phil1934

Pot metal Restorations? in Tallahasse did a nice grille for me

7. mustangsix

mustangsix

I've used them three times. All still look pretty good after several years. One set of headers I had to buff a little, but they're holding up pretty nice.

Operator error, maybe? Kind of like powdercoating, skill level of the guy doing it makes a big diff, probably.

8. Offy

Offy

My neighbor is restoring a early Porshe and is having a few pieces recromed in the St Pete area, door handles and a handful of other smaller items that are not reproduced or available. Over $1000 for the lot! If you're still interested I'll find out the place and post it.

9. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Stay away from Tampa-Electro Plating in Ybor City (Tampa). The dude told me 4-5 weeks tops for all my bumper pieces. It took 14 weeks, and on a few of the pieces, they never hit the back sides with the grinder or wire brushes. They painted over the back as it was, with cheap chrome paint. They had one excuse after another week after week. I bitched like hell and told him he was ripping me off, and that I was going to the police. He reimbursed me some money and said to leave them to be done right, but it would probably be another 5-6 weeks before I got them back because he was way behind on everything. I should have sent them out to be done, but was afraid of them being damaged on the return trip.

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

anyone else???????

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

They were white pipes on a Harley, they turned a kinda turd brown, looked awful.
    I want to do the pipes on my chopper too.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Spacecoat Plating in Melbourne are really good but expensive. You get what you pay for, wicked fast turnaround too, but they are a long fucking way from Weeki Watchi.

13. bills model a

bills model a
    BANNED

I know of a good shop down in maimi
    pm me if you want the address and ill look it up
    Bill

14. CRUE CAB

CRUE CAB
    from Florida

I have heard good things about Space Coast in Melbourne.
    But we are on the other side of the state.

15. Ramblur

Ramblur

Have used J&M in Bunnell with great results. 386-445-7032

For chrome and stainless repair

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

What is their quality and job turn-around-time like?

17. Ramblur

Ramblur

Quality was fine. Turnaround wasn't super quick but we weren't in
    a huge hurry. Guy's name is John Marques. I normally see him at
    the Zephryhills swapmeets.

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

I 'll give them a call !

19. Offy

Offy

I saw my neighbor last nite. 2 doorhandles (4 pieces); 2 tailights (4) pieces; 2 reflectors (2 pieces); 2 vent frames (2 pieces) 2 vent channels (2 pieces)= 14 pieces at just over $1,500 total "but they do good work!" Classic Chrome in St Petersburg FL.

20. olddaddy

olddaddy

I searched for months looking for a local shop in Florida to do my 50 Plymouth wagon parts. I couldn't find anyone I could afford. I ended up sending all my small stuff to Custom Metal Finishing in Indiana, 866-489-4089. They did all my interior handles, dash trim, exterior trim, exterior handles, parking lights, hood ornament, headlight and tailight bezels, radio grille,Plymouth letters etc, steel and pot metal, 3 large boxes of stuff for under # grand. A great job, well packed and returned in reasonable time.

They don't do bumpers so I sent mine to Tri-City in Elizabethtown Tennessee, they have a web-site. $225 each on the bumpers, and $65 each for the guards. Well packed and reasonable time frame.

21. mustangsix

mustangsix

Hmm...not good. My stuff was all done in the shiney metallic finish. the enxt set of stuff I was going to do in black or gray. I'll have to see some examples, I guess.

22. dv8

dv8

Metal 2 Metal in Tampa (Ybor City). It's just an old dude in a run down looking old house, but he's been there forever. I've used him a couple of times. He was reasonable and did good work, but not particularly in a hurry for small parts...I think he tries to wait until he gets a bunch of little stuff to do all at once.

I don't think Electro Plate is there anymore, or at least they moved...They're old place is a Superfund site now! Lots of contamination.

23. Hotrod10

Hotrod10
    from Lutz, FL

Hello folks,

I read a post regarding a chrome plating shop in Ybor City named Metal to Metal. Does anyone have their address and phone number?

Thanks,

Hotrod10